Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Scrap the Long Gun Registry

Not sure if this is up your road or not, but here is a link to an online petition (with a print-out-able version as well in case you still know people who aren't e-savvy like us) to abolish Canada's wasteful long gun registry program from the fine people at the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters.

I know I'm all for it (even if it might make as big a difference as pissing in the ocean) and as of my signing there were 30,666 signatures as of this morning, 378 more since I signed yesterday morning. Even if you don't own guns you might want to consider supporting this just to try to help stop the government from pissing away your hard earned tax dollars (assuming you pay taxes that is) on a completely ineffective program who's sole purpose seems to be creating a false sense of security for people who don't understand the situation.

Anyway - please share the link with anyone you think would be interested.

PS - I don't have a bunker and am not stockpiling canned goods . . . but I might start, you never know when World War Z might break out and I want to be prepared.

No comments: