Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Say No to Sioux Lookout's "No-Name Subdivision"

I'm not the most politically active son-of-a-gun around but a petition has been started on ipetitions here asking the Municipality not to go ahead with the proposed "No Name Subdivision", so if you think this is a bad idea as well you might want to sign it as well.
.
If not sorry to have to bothered you, oh wait, I'm not bothering you, you stopped by here, technically you're bothering me. If you could pass this along to others who might be interested and/or affected that'd be great. Me I don't think this is great a idea, at least not at the moment. As everyone (I think) is aware we're in the midst of an economic downturn, the mad demand for housing and building lots here in town appears to be slowed down (take a look at all the houses and lots available here, here, here, here and here) and giving land to private developer when it wasn't done in the past doesn't seem right either. But at the same time you can't fault them for asking, I mean after you can ask for the moon (or a solid gold hummer in a solid gold Hummer), but you're not necesarily going to get it.
.
This is going up before council on May 20, so time really is of the essence.
.
Fight the power.

No comments: