Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Gotta go back in time . . . .

Suprisingly this one has nothing to do with the Back to the Future franchise, well almost nothing. A time capsule was discovered while knocking down a Jr High School in Charleston. I should start to figure out a way to put them into buildings, eh? If only I had the secrets, powers and skills of the Free Masons. Just as an FYI Google Masons and get tons of hits and there's no shortage of formerly secret Masonic gear for sale on eBay at any given time, including sweet Masonic Fezes.

I'm thinking about getting one, or maybe one of these would more suit my sense of style?

Since I'm handing out rotten info on secret societies here's some on every other celebrity's religion of choice, Scientology. Googling scientology will get you loads of hits as well.

Actually there's loads of interesting information in the http://www.rotten.com library.

Because we're all Veruca Salt fans (both the Roald Dahl/movie character & the 90's Band) here's a link to Nina Gordon's (1/2 of the important part of the band (who are releasing a new record and going on tour (without Nina??) apparently)) website where she has some cool covers posted. Enjoy plaid wearing, Doc Marten lacing Gen X'ers.

Since I flogged Wikipedia a whole lot there here's a link to the most popular Wikipedia pages. Might make for some interesting reading.

In honour of my upcoming trip to Niagara Falls here's a link to a pic of the Falls (the American side I believe) froze solid. I'm sure there are better quality or larger pics of it online but that was the first one I found.

Anyone who's been up too late with the TV on knows the names Ron Popeil (set it and forget it) & RONCO all to well, and here for your reading/viewing pleasure is an article on Mr. Popeil and his top ten inventions. You may or may not have to skip over a Forbes.com welcome screen. I wonder if there's a pocket fisherman or two in the basement?

Finally, let's end this on an edutaining point and answer the age old question:

Homeless . . . or Jesus?


Well wonder no longer! Take the test at the link below and see if you can tell the difference between a homeless person and some people's lord and saviour Jesus Christ

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/games/homeless_jesus.asp

I scored 670 points myself - and one of them literally made me LOL to use the cool interweb hipster shorthand.


That's it, that's all.

No comments: