Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crikey!

It's old news now, but Steve Irwin, aka the Crocodile Hunter, was killed in a freak accident while swimming with sting rays the other day. I have to wonder if being killed in the line of work like that is something that he would have been pleased with? Up side, at least he didn't have his kid in the water with him at the time (remember the feeding the croc with one hand, holding baby with other incident?).

Since we're already in the Land Down Under, in order to curb the size of the herds (I've been told there are literally herds of thousands roaming the country) of 'Roos roaming 'round the nations capitol scientists have developed an oral contraceptive for kangaroos, or in other words the pill for 'roos. Could this mean a sexual revolution for the marsupial world?

And now time for an important scientific break through - the people who brought you the Wonderbra are now selling underpants that will give your backside a lift for a sweet J'Lo style bootie all your own. I'll stick with the Spinal Tap cucumber underpants myself, thanks.

Away from science and onto literature - here's a list of the Ten Most Popular Books of All Time. I can honestly say that I haven't read any of these books all the way through and have only read bits and pieces of two of them. Can you guess which two?

Looks like I need to find another list of top sci-fi books so I can look like the literary giant I am.

Now onto a topic that we all hold near and dear, movies. Turns out that when asked about the upcoming instalment of the Indianna Jones series Mr. Lucas said "We're basically going to do The Phantom Menace," Which as unoriginal as it may sound at first, it should come as no suprise. After all the first IJ flick was such a blatant Star Wars rip-off it wasn't even funny. I know you love those movies, but re-watch it as an adult and you'll see what I mean.

And for the zombie fans a sequel to 28 Days Later, 28 Months Later, is in the works. I'd go see it, I enjoyed the first one quite a bit. Since I know you're all such zombie fans, here's a link to the American Federal Vampire & Zombie Agency's list of the Top 3 Zombie Outbreaks in US History.

For the comic book fans here's a list of upcoming Marvel media projects. I'm looking forward to the Nick Fury, Thor & Iron Man releases, but do we really need a Submariner or Ant-Man movie? PS the Marvel Directory is a pretty cool website . . . if you're into superhero bios that is.

If you like B-Movie superstar Bruce Campbell as much as I do then you'll be happy to hear that he is going to be starring in a movie where he plays Bruce Campbell (My Name is Bruce) who is confused for his Evil Dead character Ash and is enlisted to fight the monsters attacking said town. Now if that doesn't have winner written all over it, I don't know what does.

And finally for the fans of irreverent and offensive humour here's the link to the trailer for Borat's movie. Now that's definitely something that I will be seeing. In case you want some more Boratty goodness here's a link to his official home page, an unofficial one, and a soundboard. High five!

I think that's about enough for now, until next time.

No comments: