Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, November 03, 2006

Careful what you wish for

Well it's only been a day but remember when I said an injectable male contraceptive that would last for a year would be better than a pill everyday . . . . well here it is, although I don't know about how long it lasts, I don't think that the article said.

I guess I should have said something about how it would have been better if a car load of attractive ladies would come cruising around looking to whisk me away for a weekend of debauchery. Maybe next time.

I know I've mentioned this movie before but I think that it's going to be awesome and in case you still aren't sure check out the first four minutes of it on YouTube. And because I know you want more Borat, here's an interview with him and here are his top ten tips for sexytime.

Now that you have some topshelf tips for sexytime you need a partner and if you're thinking about using a personal ad, check out these fine examples. They might give you some ideas as to what to or not to do.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I love top whatever lists of whatever and heres' one that's right up my alley, the Top 50 sci-fi fantasy books 1953-2002. It looks like a good list and why wouldn't it be it's brought to us by the fine people at the Sci-Fi book club, and of course they have no alterior motives in getting you to their website. Anyway I've read 17 books form that list . . . is that more or less geeky than you would have thought?

Now this is probably what the inventors of the interweb thought that it would be used for instead of stealing music and watching streaming strip shows (not that there's anything wrong with either of those pursuits, well except for the stealing music one, that's kinda illegal), but the complete works of Charles Darwin are being posted on-line here and the British government has put the Doomsday Book online here. If you're not familiar with the Doomsday Book it is the record of a huge nation wide survey done at the direction of William the Conqueror to basically see who own how much of what so he could lay down some taxes and evne though it was completed in 1086 it's still occasionally used as government reference today. Now that's cool.

And now something that is unrelated to pretty much everything else I post here, but I'm looking for some help with a photo project that I've been thinking about. I'd like to compile as many photos as possible all taken on the same on the same day. I know it's still a couple months away but I figure I'd gauge interest and give people a chance to recruit others to my cause.

If you're interested in helping I'd like to put together as many shots (landscapes, city scapes, seascapes, whatever and from where ever you are at the time) taken at noon (your local time) on New Year's Day. If you're interested if you could email the pic to me as soon as possible afterward, and make it at least 1200 x 1600 pixels and at least 72 dpi, thanks. If you'd like to pass the request along to others in other places that would be awesome. If it works out I'll make sure that all who contribute get copies of the file for their printing out.

And oh yeah one last thing - the pic of Donald Duck and Christina Aguilera I posted a link to yesterday is a fake made by this guy here. Here's the original photo if you care to see, but why spoil the fantasy, eh?

No comments: