Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, November 13, 2006

I got to take myself a permanent vacation

There's a little Aerosmith for you from the last album they released that was worth listening to. Okay maybe that was a little harsh, after all about half of Pump was good . . . but that's as far as I'm going to go.

As you may've heard I'm trying to figure what to do for a vacation this winter/next year. Well I'm not saying that I'm going to do it this year, but thanks to this article I think I've got at least ten more cities around the world visit. Although this one does make a rather good argument for returning to the UK, don't you think? Although any place where you can fish for sharks from your apartment balcony can't be all bad either. Well unless you want to go in the water. Then it's all bad, yo.

And just in case you're looking for other interesting things to check out around the globe, how about this collection of strange and amazing statues?

Anyone been watching the new Dr Who series? I have to admit the new Doctor (David Tennant), is good have to say that I thought that Chris Eccleston was an exceptionally good Doctor. Tom Baker good in fact. Speaking of Tom Baker, I have to admit I've always wanted a Tom Baker Dr Who scarf. Don't know why. Oh wait I know why, I'm a geek. Apparently I'm a total geek. I rule.

Anyway back to the Doctor, or his current travelling companion Rose Tyler, player by Billie Piper who prior to being an actress was a Brit bubble gum pop starlet cranking out such great tunes as this one and apparently she'll be leaving the show to persue her singing career with her new found fame to help her along. Someone should have told her that geek fan boys don't buy pop records or tickets to their shows. Downloading clips and photos from the net, yes . . . buying records, no.

Anyway Billie's replacement on the show is going to be Freema Agyeman. I don't know anything about her other than she will be the Doctor's first black female travelling companion, but here's her imdb page. Huh, they don't seem to know much about her either.

It's no secret that I'm not so big on Crimbo, but here's something that I couldn't not pass along - Urban Outfitters is selling replica Charlie Brown Christmas trees. Good grief.

And one last thing to leave you with, did you know that one this very day in 1805 Johann Georg Lehner invents the hot dog. Here's a little more hotdog history and some hotdog trivia for you.

Once more that's it, that's all.

No comments: