Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Drew Carey, come on down . . .

. . . you're the next host on The Price is Right! Or at least that's what this news release from CBS says. Drew Carey could be a good host of the show but Bob Barker has been on there for so long it will get really hard to get used to . . . not that I'm a TPIR watcher, especially since I have a day job. But the biggest question is will Carey continue the tradition and use Bob Barker's signature skinny stick mic?

Since we're talking TV changes here's one for the Corrie fans, Liz Dawn, who plays Vera Duckworth in Britain's longest-running soap opera "Coronation Street," is to leave the show due to ill health according to this article. I haven't been a life long Corrie watcher, but I have been watching for a few years now and have been noticing that the newer actors on the show are getting a whole lot better looking than the older ones.

All I know is I want to move there, there's so much going on and it's all on one short little street. Don't you think I'd make for another good illegitimate son for Fred Elliott?

That's enough TV for now, last Friday I saw the Deftones rock the shit out of the Burton Cummings Theatre, formerly know as the Walker Theatre. Another great Deftones show for sure, the opener, Die Mannequin Toronto based sleaze rockers, were pretty good as well, but the second act, From Beginning to End or Start to Finish or Sucky McSuckerson and the Sucktones, sucked all the ass. Good show overall and it was hot hot hot - the Walker smelled like an arm pit at the end of the night. Before the show we went to La Fiesta Cafecito for some central American style eats and man was it good. Everything I had (combo plate #3) was awesome, when you do make sure you try out their pupusas and the chicken chipotle soup is deadly.

Anyway I gotta get going, gotta catch a plane, so until next time and remember help control the pet population, have your pets spayed or neutered.

No comments: