Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

How's the Turkey Hangover?

I had goose this year for Thanksgiving myself so maybe I avoided all the tryptophan? If you're curious about the holiday and wonder why we get a three day weekend out of it, here's a bit of history on the day. Me, I'm just happy it's a paid day off.

Now if only we get one in February like Alberta and Manitoba . . . I think the NDP said that we should have one, too bad they only won 7 seats in the last provincial election . . . and one of them was in my riding.

Here's a great website to check out called Found Magazine, basically people scan and send in things they find like letters, notes, photos, whatever. This one here is a favourite of mine so far, because well it's some damned good rules to live by. If only it had a reference to the He-Man Woman Haters Club.

Here's another that I thought was cool and mostly because I know what it's about, WWe Wrestler Bob Holly being thrown through a table and having a gash get ripped in his back on piece of the table. I tried to find a video on line but no luck, but often times they show the clip in a "Don't try this at home, kids." segment that they air.

If you liked Found Magazine perhaps you'd also enjoy this website simply entitled Pictures of Walls, which is a collection of photos of things written on, you guess it walls.

This is another very cool website that is a collection of found photos that the site admin found by developing the film he found in old cameras he acquired. A very interesting, voyeuristic look into people's lives, eh?

But that's enough for now, so today I will leave you with this sweet shirt here, aptly titled Guitar Solo. You know you want one. Okay one more thing, since we're literally rocking the Star Wars how about Bill Murray as lounge singer Nick Winter singing his tribute to Star Wars?

Later.

No comments: