Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, October 22, 2007

Sonofabitch!

I just full on bit my lip, shit did that hurt. You'd think with over 30 years of eating experience I'd be done with that, but apparently fuck no. Ah well what can you do eh?

Anyway onto the important stuff; it's secret that I like lists and I like to read so this one is a perfect fit, the Random House Modern Library's list of 100 Best Novels, as rated by their board and by their readership. I've only read four (believe it or not) from the Board's list, but I have read 14 from the Reader's list and am currently reading their number #1 pick. Looks like the readership has a whole lot more sci-fi/fantasy geeks in it than the board does.

Since we're talking lists here's a list of the Ten Most Awful Action Figures (the list must've been written by a lady because no self resepcting man would call an action figure a doll). I have to agree that there is some shit in that pile but I really have to disagree with a few of them.

Like Mr. T at number 9? I pity the foo' who don't think Mr. T is still cool . . . and I'm not just saying that because I have that same action figure in my living room still in its original packaging. I know, holy comic-book guy Batman.

I also have to disagree with the Hitler action figure at number 3; granted he was an evil horrible person who deserved death and then some for his crimes, but the action figure itself doesn't look bad. Good likeness, good uniform, to me it seems like a good action figure of a very bad person . . . maybe that's what makes it awful? But then again that can't be the criteria, can it? If so you've got some splaining to do for the number 1 pick.

Oh and just in case you're in the hunt for more different Third Reich Action Figures, look no further here you go. Man what isn't there on the interweb.

I'm also thinking that the lady who put the list together must've been a devote Christian to put the Almighty God action figure, with AK-47 and slightly Freddie Mercury-esque cape in at number 1.

Enough lists for now, how about a little shmaltz? Seems that a class of school kids have adopted an American Airborne Captain currently deployed in Iraq and as part of the deal they've sent him a little stuffed bear. Obviously this guy is a good shit because he's taken the time to photograph the bear's adventures and keep the kids updated on his goings on via this website.

And today i think I'll sign off with a video on YouTube of the Tourette's Guy. I don't know if it's all the painpills I've been taking but man that me laughing so hard I was crying . . . or maybe I'm just a bad person. Anyway if you liked that, here's some more sweet Tourette's Guy action on YouTube for you. Obviously you don't want to be watching these while at work.

And personally I don't think their garbage disposal sounded like Chewbacca taking a shit either, but maybe it was just the bad audio on that clip?

No comments: