Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, February 13, 2009

Ch ch ch ch ah ah ah ah

Well well well looks like today is Friday the 13th . . . . oooooh scary. But do you know why it's bad juju? Yeah neither does anyone else really, but there's lots of reasons why it could be, don't believe me, Google it or check out the Wikipedia article on it.
.
No matter, it's Friday the 13th and a (sorta) new Friday the 13th film opens today . . . I don't know about you but I'm quite looking forward to this - I'm positive it won't be as good as Rob Zombie's remake/reboot of the Halloween franchise, but I'm in this far with the Friday the 13th films so I can't stop now.
.
But you thought Friday the 13th was bad, wait until you experience Saturday the 14th! Actually Saturday the 14th isn't as scary this year, being St. Valentine's Day. Every wonder why you get and give loads of little cards and your sweetie gives you sweets on this day? Or just happy to get them? If you're interested in the history of it, the History Channel has loads of stuff up here.
.
Quite possibly more important than Valentine's Day tomorrow, it's Louis Riel Day on Monday - only in Manitoba and parts of Saskatchewan, I believe, is the man a hero, he is the Father of Manitoba after all, and I think pretty much everywhere else in the Country he was/is just a crazy guy (literally) who lead a couple rebellions against the Federal Government . . . but you can thank him it was one of those rebellions that got the railroad pushed through to the West.
.
You're welcome.
.
And hey I've got a sweet Metis sash now, so I can truly represent my Franco-Toban roots. Don't forget Festival du Voyageur mes amis!
.
I don't know about you, but I could really go for a piece of this right about now. Ah man that looks sooo-oh good.
.
Did you ever wonder what happened to Andrew Dice Clay? Yeah neither did I, but then I saw this picture and I had to start to wonder . . . it's almost like he decided to become the stereotypical old Jewish guy in a bad movie . . . at least he's not wearing a velvet track suit there.
.
I know I've been flogging the living shit out of the release of the Watchmen film, but here's a sweet Japanese trailer for the film and he folks we're less than a month away from the March 6th release date. Just to get your fix in, here's a link to 17 sweet B&W portraits from the film that are part of a book of, you guessed it, portraits from the film.
.
Well that's her for now - later gators.
.

No comments: