Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Can't Stop the Red Red Croovy

Did you know that Heinz has been selling their ketchup (remember how revolutionary the squeeze bottle was when it came out?) in Canada for 100 years now? Well according to them they have (I can only vouch for the last 30 or so years personally) and to celebrate and to thank Cannucks for slathering this oh so popular condiment on nearly everything imaginable they cooked up this recipe for ketchup cake (trust me the recipe's there, scroll down a bit).
.
If you make it let me know how it is. Or better yet bring over a piece to share with me. After all if it weren't for me you wouldn't have cooked up the ketchup cake to begin with, now would you?
.
Ever wonder how cops should celebrate national police week (yeah apparently there is such a thing, I'm waiting for national big fat geek day . . . oh wait I think there is something like that but we've get a four day weekend with more boner inspiring costumery)? I used to wonder that too and then I read this article and now I know, it's by doing all the things that they were arresting people for the rest of the year. It's like Bizarro World, only less fun because it's real . . . and I doubt that the criminals go around arresting ne'er do wells during that time.
.
And finally I'd like congratulate Winnipeg on holding its title of largest Slurpee consuming market ten year's running . . . and hey you can actually put that on a sign as you enter the city unlike when you were the murder capitol of Canada.
.
Until next time.

No comments: