Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

For My Loyal Fan

Yep, another post, and it's not even been a month. What's going on in the world? Well lots (I've been busy jumping motorcycles over mountains, try it for yourself, it's fun), but let's just focus on some of the funner bits for now eh? Maybe this is why I wasn't as regular on here as I could have been?
.
In case you too were disappointed with the GI Joe film (which would have been a lot more enjoyable for me if it weren't called GI Joe) like I was (but I was disappointed exactly how I thought I was going to be disappointed, so is that really disappointment? A question for the ages, something you can figure out after determining what the sound of one hand clapping is) I think you'll thoroughly enjoy The Ballad of GI Joe over at Funny or Die.
.
Personally I think that was cast & costumed a whole lot better than the film was, at least you could tell who the Joes were just by looking at them . . . and Henry Rollins as Duke? How much better can you get?
.
None, none better.
.
Hey all that being said I enjoyed the GI Joe film more than Transformers 2, and the funny thing about that is I thought Transformers 2 was better than the first Transformers film, but not even half as good as the Transformers animated movie.
.
Oh and for the record, the GI Joe animated movie sucked balls too, so I don't hold everything from when I was a kid in high regards . . . but this does lead me to ask when are they going to make another Masters of the Universe film, but that's a cherished childhood memory that could due with being smashed on the rocks of Hollywood ineptitude.
.
Oh wait, they are and apparently it's slated for a 2011 release. I will keep hopes high for this for now, after all it will be hard to out bad the Dolph Lundgren MotU film.
.
In other news that has geeks foaming at the mouth, looks like the Disney Corporation has bought up Marvel Comics, you can read a bit about it here, but you've already got the message. This causes one to ask a few big questions like will Hannah Montana be Spiderman's new love interest and will the cast of High School Musical will be joining the X-Men?
.
Apparently that won't be the case and the Mouse will give Marvel the autonomy that Pixar or ABC or ESPN enjoys, so that's good. Maybe we don't need to ask how Disney will affect Marvel, maybe it will work the other way around. That seems to be what this guy thought over here anyway.
.
Well that's her for now, but I will leave you today with a collection of some great motivational posters featuring Mark Twain quotes, because you can't go wrong with a little Twain.
.
Until next time.

No comments: