Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, September 28, 2009

Movie Time

Well on the weekend I saw Rob Zombie's Halloween sequel and brothers & sisters let me tell you it's very Rob Zombie and very twisted. And I finally learned the difference between jam and jelly, and for that Rob I'll be forever grateful and seeing Brea Grant in this movie did nothing to curb my hang up on specs appeal. But hey there are worse things to be hung up . . . right?
.
Check out these great movie posters from the glory days of Ghana's "mobile cinema". The Mobile Cinema travelled around the country from village to village creating temporary movie theatres in a time when most of the population couldn't afford their own VHS (remember VHS?) machine. To attract people to the see the movies the mobile cinema they'd often hang out home made posters like the ones in the link. And yes most of this paragraph is paraphrased directly from the site I've linked. Remember you get what you pay for.
.
And since you brought up movie posters, how about Premiere.com's list of the 25 best movie posters ever? Whether you think they're right or not you have to agree that are some really good movie posters there.
.
Or maybe you'd prefer Cracked.com's collection of the 30 Strangest Movie Posters of all time? Admittedly, this is a favourite, but they seem to have an odd idea of just what exactly strange means . . . either that or I'm fucked. Proper fucked.
.
Or maybe you'd prefer a collection of embarrassing movie posters? Which in this case I think the compiler believes the definition of embarrassing to be "in bad taste" in one way, shape or form. Some quality stuff in there though, don't you think?
.
It's not movie posters, but it's another great Cracked.com Photoshop contest of The Top 25 Pieces of Movie Merchandise Too Awesome To Exist.
.
Well I've got a ton more movie links I've been waiting to share, but I'm running short on time, so with that I bid you good day, until the next blog.

No comments: