Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, February 04, 2008

How About them Giants?

That was some good Superbowl last night, or what I saw when not falling asleep in my chair, go painkillers, go. Close game, no team running away with it, overall I'd say it was good to watch. Would have been better with the
Chargers in it though.

I'm just glad that my Superbowl prediction from several weeks ago came true. I know it's no call from the President of the US and A, but congratulations to Eli Manning and the rest of the New York Giants.

I didn't watch the halftime show last night, nor did I watch
the eating contest running on Spike, but it was finally someone that I like to listen to. But most of the time the Superbowl halftime shows are shit, and the good people at Cracked have compiled this list of they think are the ten worst Superbowl Half Time Shows.

Not that
Grey Cup halftime shows are any better, the only I can think of as being any good was when the Hip played the 2004 Grey Cup in Ottawa. I've only been to two Grey Cups, both in Winterpeg, and the first go 'round was Chris Sheppard and Love Inc in 1998 (If I remember right) and I spent the 2006 Grey Cup half time waiting for an opening at the trough instead of listening to Nelly Furtado.

But hey that's enough football for now, how's about some discussion on healthy eating? Everything is better with bacon, and that's a fact that everyone knows, from
bacon wrapped filet mignon steaks to bacon cheese bacon burgers to bacon cakes to maple bacon cookies. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon.

Or
this article that claims that vegetarians are perverts of nature who slowly kill themselves, even if a friend says it's factually untrue, so much so that one could read the level extreme flabergastigation through an email. Hey it can't be completely true because there are groups of people who have historically been vegetarians, and they are still around, but damn if I don't like the message.

Anyway that's enough for today; but before I go anyone notice the subtle change? I've finally figured out how to make the links open in a new window (or when Is ay figured out I mean finally Googled how to do it). What do you think? Better? Worse? I know I prefer it.

But yeah I'm off, you stay classy San Diego.

No comments: