Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, February 07, 2008

You'll Need a Tray

You've got to check out the YouTube video of Eddie Izzard's "Death Star Canteen" routine is hilarious and made all the better because it's acted out with Lego. It's gauranteed to appeal to all sorts of geeks and many different levels of geekery.

And while we're talking about geekery how about a list of the 20 Pop Cultures Obsessions Geekier than Monty Python from the AV Club (talk about nerds). It's a really good list, plumbs some of the deepest depths of geek depravity. Although I'm convinced that CosPlay (even if it can be silly hot but more often than not just not (BTW is that a dude?)) and LARP'ing should be higher on the list, but that's just geek snobbery, which I can do because I'm higher on the geek hierachy chart.

Now to appease my fellow sci-fi geeks (who apparently prefer the term SF) here's 20 Things You Didn't Know of Science Fiction and you're bound to learn something there, as that's where I learned that sci-fi fans find the term sci-fi offensive. I had no idea that I was slagging myself off everytime I used that term. I'm so insensitive, eh?

But maybe you're a video game geek? If so you might like the Angry Video Game/Nintendo Nerd. You can check out his video reviews of classic Nintendo games on YouTube. There are some moments of gold, but to me a lot of his anger seems forced and not real and maybe if he sounded more angry his Tourettes style strings of cursing would seem more authentic . . . but that's just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it's still well worth checking out, especially if these old games hold a special place in your heart, because I'm sure you've had many of the same complaints, but hopefully better crafted obscenities, and have winged a controller or two across the room your own self.

No matter what type of geek you are, you like movies, especially geeky movies and they're all the better if they're about geeks starring geeks written by geeks so you can point out the errors and inconsistencies and flaws and laws of geekery broken in the film. If that describes you at all maybe you'd like to check out this list of the Top 20 Geek Movies. I have to say it's a pretty good list, and not completely typical as it has at least one suprise entry on the list, and it's a movie with a sweet soundtrack. I've got to replace my copy one of these days.

Well I think that's it for today, but I would like to leave on this note . . .

I don't know about you, but I find this stat awesome; 2 of the 3 people who found this site yesterday via Google search did so image searching for "dirty nurses" thanks to the October 15, 2007 post. And the first image that comes up for me with the safe search off takes you that post. I guess if I want to up traffic I need more naughty nurse content.

Until next blog.

No comments: