Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What's the best part of a long weekend?

The short week that follows.
.
Yeah so I made it through the Easter weekend, which I'm lucky enough to have four days off for, how'd you fair? It might be a little late, but here's an interesting list of ten things you didn't know about Easter from Time. But where's Eostre?
.
In keeping with the season, here's a list of 7 things from pop culture that apparently piss Jesus off. And no I don't think they mean that dude from Old Mexico who takes care of your lawn.
.
Keeping with the religious theme, dare you look into the flaming pit of hell? It's horrible and not appropriate for work. But don't say I didn't warn you.
.
Now I just have to wonder, where do you get that done, and how do you start that conversation with the guy on the other side of the counter?
.
If you still watch Saturday Night Live you might have already seen this sketch the other weekend, but if you are still watching SNL, I have to ask is it worth it? Before Tina Fey left if I was watching I'd flip over to NBC around 11 (that's central time) knowing that weekend update was going to be on shortly after that, then stop watching after that. After Tina Fey left, I stopped watching . . . but then funny thing, I've never watched a single episode of her new show 30 Rock. Go figure.
.
You know I think it's true, cats don't care.
.
Thanks to this sweet gear now any kid can blow up the Death Star. Combine that stuff with your Taun Taun sleeping bag and you'll the coolest kid camping out on the sidewalk waiting to get into the next Star Wars Celebration (that's celebration, not convention, apparently they're touchy about that shit) to hear Billy Dee Williams ramble aimlessly/incoherently about waist versus full length capes and whether or not Colt 45 really works every time. Well okay maybe not the coolest kid, but you'll be cooler than these people, that I can promise.
.
Maybe you'd be better off with this Death Star on your camp out, if times get tough you can always eat it before feasting on the tender well marbled flesh of your compatriots.
.
You know, I'm a fan of concerts, I loves me some live music . . . I have to say that one thing I've never done is crowd surf, doubt I ever will, but I've pass people along and thrown people up on top of the crowd, but I don't know if any of those experiences top these. I don't know about you, but this one is a personal favourite.
.
And I will sign off today with something that does my heart good to see. Enjoy.
.
Until next time.

No comments: