Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, December 14, 2009

More great news if you're still a fan of off the wall Canuck sketch-com, The Kids in the Hall have reunited to do an 8 episode mini-series called Death Comes to Town that will be airing on the CBC. The gist of the series is Death gets off the Greyhound in a small town and everyone in town becomes a suspect when the Mayor ends up dead. You can check out the trailer for the show here if you're interested and I know you are.
.
Looks pretty damned funny don't it?
.
This isn't quite local, but close enough and it might just be the strangest Google Winnipeg Street View ever (if you have a stranger one let me know about it) . . . I just want to know, do the people getting into the truck know about the guy lying in the bed?
.
Finally thanks to the fine folks over at Explore Music we now know who to blame for the fame and popularity of Nickelback, New Brunswick. Get behind a new band would you, you bastards. At first the popularity of Nickelback gave me some hope for the resurgence of guitar/bar rock (which trust me would be a good thing), but sadly know all it's given us is a Nickelback clones, which is super great if you happen to live in New Brunswick I suppose.
.
While we're talking music, how's about a nice video of fans being interviewed in an arena parking lot before a Slayer/Marilyn Manson show in Cali that makes me proud to be a metalhead. Oh and trust me, that guy's mum is a whore. And the parking lot before a metal is a lot like that, even when it's really really cold out.
.
You may have already seen this video already, but it's pretty awesome and I've got to share, it's the Muppets doing a video for Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It's pretty awesome . . . but I'm a little biased after all I am fan of Queen & the Muppets.
.
And I'll sign off with a more holiday appropriate video of the Muppets again but this time rocking The Carol of the Bells. It's not quite the Trans Siberian Orchestra's version (or Peter Griffin's for that matter), but pretty cool none the less eh?
.
Until next time.

No comments: