Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

BOOOOOOOOOOOO! Happy Hallowe'en

In honour of today I thought everyone might be curious to know which slasher flick killer has the most similar personality to theirs'. Well wait no longer, just go here, take the quiz and find out. Feel free to share.

Turns out that I'm
Captain Spaulding, played by the great Sid Haig from the Rob Zombie films House of 1000 Corpses and the Devil's Rejects. Both are must sees for horror fans, although they are both very different films (House of 1000 corpses is more like a shlock horror film from the 70's and the Devil's Rejects is more along the lines of something like Natural Born Killers . . . Maybe??).

And they both feature the incredibly hot (and incredibly married to Mr. Zombie) Sheri Moon. I don't think that I'd like a crazy girl for myself, but for some reason her playing the batshit crazy Baby Firefly in these films she was even hotter than normal. I think that's part of the reason why Angelina Jolie is so attractive, that crazy I might stab you look in her eyes . . . the lips help too.

Another bit of information for the horror fans, but according to this article Clive Barker is going to be re-writting Hellraiser for a remake and re-release. This could be a very good thing because special effects have come a long way since the first Hellraiser was made, and Barker did write the novella (The Hellbound Heart) that the movie was based upon. I'll definitely watch it when/if it gets released. This does leave the question, will Doug Bradley reprise the role of pinhead in the remake? As far as I know he's been pinhead in every other Hellraiser film made, and trust me there's been a lot of them.

And in case you are looking for some Hallowe'en trivia check out
this page from our good friends over at Snopes.

And since Hallowe'en and the Apocalypse go hand in hand, here's
A Brief History of the Apocalypse.

And since some people don't have kids get pets instead and treat them as pseudo children here's a
link for some costumes for your aminals, you know in case you haven't got one for Fido yet. But I do have to admit I'd rather see a dog dressed up as a pirate at my house tonight than another kid dressed up as kid like the last couple of years.

And since nothing says Hallowe'en like Zombies here's a list from
RetroCrush of the 20 Greatest Zombie Movies of all time . . . I've only seen 8 of them, how disapointing. But I have seen Zombies vs Vampires and let me tell you what a disapointing piece of shit that was. It would have been better if it would have had some vampires battling zombies, but for some reason that was strangely left out of the film. I mean with a title like that how can you go wrong?

And finally the good people over at M&M's have made a little picture puzzle game with the titles of 50 dark/horror films pictorially hidden in a large painting. It's a cool game, check it out
here. And because I know you're all wondering the last time I gave it a go I didn't come close to getting all fifty, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it either. I know excuses excuses.

I think that's enough for now, I gotta get going.

No comments: