Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Saturday, October 14, 2006

You'll shoot your eye out with that thing kid!

According to this article Ralphie's house from one of the greatest Christmas movies ever A Christmas Story is being renovated to look just like it did in the movie and turned into a tourist stop in Cleveland, complete with the house over the road being turned into the ticket buying place and gift shop.

How awesome is that? Finally something to do in Cleveland besides watching an Indians game and re-enacting the opening sequence from the Drew Carey Show.

I haven't done much poking around on this site yet but I was sent a couple links from it and they seem topshelf so I'm sure the rest of the site is pretty good too. I'm sure that this one was meant to be a scathing review of humans (or monkeys as they keep referring to them in the video) and what we do, but I enjoyed it. Probably for the constant monkey references and the choice in photos. This one is pictures of walls or I guess more precisely the graffiti on walls.

And since it is October 14 here's a bit of history for you - on this day in 1959 actor and Nazi sympathizer Errol Flynn, dubbed "the most despicable human being yet born", dies of a heart attack in Vancouver's west end. Flynn slept with both Truman Capote and Howard Hughes. How's that for accomplishments?

I'm sure you've seen it before but this website Human for Sale is an interesting little game. Basically you go in, run through a questionaire and it tells you your worth. Apparently I'm worth $1,653,260.00. I guess if I weren't going bald and were packing more it'd be a little higher, but not like it matters I don't think I can use myself as colateral at the bank for a loan . . . or can I?

So how much are you worth?

For those with a similar sense of humour I've linked to items about the Borat movie before and here's a Youtube link with several deleted scenes from the movie along with some trailers. Well worth checking out, Borat (Sascha Baron Cohen) is a comedic genius.

Now for something horrifically amazing - here's a video of wrestler Big Van Vader getting his eye punched out of its socket and continuing to work the match. I don't know about you but if I get my eye knocked out I'm not oging to finish the letter I'm working on let alone everything else I have to do that day, but maybe I'm just a big pussy. And here's another video of a blown spot - this time a botched shooting star press. And you thought that Brock Lesnar's blown SSP from Wrestlemania was bad? Okay that one was bad too.

I think that's enough for now. Later

No comments: