Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, February 19, 2007

Everybody's doin' it doin' it doin' it

And if you don't believe me, check out this photo gallery of celebrities caught mid-pick. See it's true everyone enjoys a good pick.

In some non-booger related news in this brief article (and I mean brief, the couple sentences I am going to write here are pretty must as long as the article itself) the always reserved and soft spoken Kerry King from Slayer slams Metallica, referring to the band as a sinking ship.

After seeing Metallica in Winnipeg at the old Winnipeg Arena while they were touring for St. Anger I'm not sure how far off the mark Mr. King is. I'm a long time and big time Metallica fan, but at that show I've gotten more pumped cranking a Metallica record on my home stereo (and I'm not just saying that because I dropped my New York Fries Poutine on the floor of the movie theatre (the staff gave me new fries and treated me like I was special needs to boot) before seeing Van Helsing (huge pile of crap, the movie had all the potential in the world and lived up to none of it) before going to the rock show) . . . but I'm holding out hope for the upcoming Metallica record as they are going with producer Rick Rubin this time around as opposed to Mr. Bob Rock (formerly of the Vancouver (home of the Buchan Hotel) band the Payola$) whom I believe was largely responsible for Metallica sounding like a three piece punk band on their last record.

And now for a little history - on this day in 1942 President (and polio victim) Roosevelt signs Executive Order 9066, the internment order permitting Japanese Americans to be held in concentration camps for the duration of World War 2. But don't feel left out, Canada had its own internment camps for Japanese during WW2 as well.

Well that's it for now, later.

No comments: