Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ground Control to Major Tom

Commencing countdown, engines on . . . well that's enough Bowie for the moment, but here's something cool and spacey that doesn't involve over acting hams making out with hot green alien chicks, for a change - check out these cool panoramic photos of the moon.

Since we're talking space, I can't not mention that there's talks of a direct to DVD Battlestar Galactica movie in the works. If you're not already watching BSG (as the basement dwelling l337 call it) you should get seasons one and two on DVD, get your sorry selves caught up and start watching the thrid season. If it's not the best show on TV at the moment, it's one of the best hands down. And yes that does include Law and Order. And no it's about a billion times better than the cheese-fest that was the original series from the late 70's . . . and I'm not just saying that because I want to make out with the new Starbuck way more than the original one. Not sure why.

And now it's time for a little George Lucas Bashing; thanks to this article here I think I've dug up the reason why the three prequels were pretty much ass. If you are to believe this article Lucas thinks that The Empire Strikes Back was the worst of the series . . . I'd say that flies in the face of conventional wisdom (as most people including myself believe that ESB was by far the best of them all) but what do I know for good movies, eh?

And since we're talking about how not cool the Star Wars prequels were, riddle me this; at the end of Star Wars III, Darth Vader & the Emperor are looking at a half-built Death Star. Assuming Luke & Leia are about 1 month old, how can the Death Star be such a novelty when they're about 21? I think even in the Star Wars Universe it would be hard to keep a 30 year plus construction project of that size a secret. Any ideas?

And now to get away from the space race and into the "I've been saying this for a long time department" but maybe now people will believe me since there's an editorial about it in the Wall Street journal; but this writer feels that half of all children are below average, and teachers can do only so much for them. For whatever sad reasons there's a definite lack of smart cool people in the world . . . but it's probably always been that way.

And I'd like ask, am I the only one who thinks this is awesome? I know I've been on a couple of flights where I wish that would have happened . . . I mean if I were on a plane and kicking up a fuss and wouldn't stop crying and screaming and yelling they'd likely lead me off the plane in cuffs, so fair's far right?

Now to close on a bright bit, how about a nice full screen shot of Jenn Anniston from the movie The Break-Up . . . . be forewarned, you get to see her boobies in the shot.

Until next time.

No comments: