Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Leaving on a prop plane

Got a pretty good idea of when I'll be back again . . . should be around 6 this evening actually. I'm on my way up to Wunnumin Lake for the day to look at some proposed building sites and to kick it with Canada's Governor General, Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean. But at least now I have a good idea of who it is.

Okay we probably won't be kicking it per say, but we'll both be there today. Yeah I'm a high roller fo' sho'.

Since I'm being worldly and helping the GG solve some problems today (like getting the excavator so we can dig some test holes) here's a link with some international flavour and import; a photo essay from Time entitled "What the World Eats" showing different families from around the world with a weeks worth of food in front of them and the cost of it. Pretty interesting I think.

And here's another article of international importance about how Chernobyl (site of the nuclear power plant disaster in 1986) has become a refuge for all sorts of wild life. The radiation levels are still way high bu the animals are flocking to the place; I guess it's because there are so few people and the animals don't mind an extra head or two or glowing the dark.

And since I have to take off to catch a flight and have put up a couple serious links this morning, here's one that's pure fun - Jimmy Kimmel playing "Guess What's in My Pants". Gee I should have tried this one Saturday night.

Well I'm off. Later.

No comments: