Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

And you thought Evel Kneivel was good

But he's got nothing on these dudes from the Spanish village of Castrillo, who every year dress up as a character representing the devil and jump of groups of babies in order to keep the devil away as part of the Catholic feast of Corpus Christi. Now that's a way to get people to go to Church, have some midgets wrestling or driving a in a tiny car, some strippers and maybe free wifi access and I might even show up. You can read slightly more about it here if you like.
.
I don't know if has any baby jumping goodness but YouTomb is a research project by MIT Free Culture that tracks videos taken down from YouTube for alleged copyright violation. I've looked at the site a couple of times now and it seems like it's constantly being added to, so there must be an army of people on the YouTubes plucking these files off it . . . or there's a piece of software that does it. But if the show How It's Made (or alternately) has taught me anything it's that things aren't as automated as I think they are.
.
Have you seen the Iron Man movie yet? If not, why not? I finally got to see it on Friday and man it's chock full of awesome, very close to the comic book story line, my one. albeit slight, fault is that I would have liked to have seen more of the jerky Tony Stark, but that's me. In the flavour of Iron Man, how about some art depicting some super heroes & villains in old age?
.
From the I had no idea, or if I did I forgot I did, files there is a movie adaptation of Clive Barker's short story The Midnight Meat Train scheduled for an August 1, 2008 release. The short story was originally featured in the six volume collection of short stories entitled The Books of Blood and is a very good read. These stories were my introduction to Barker's writing early in high school and I've been a fan ever since. You've probably seen some of his stories turned into questionable movies already so I'm not hoping for a lot from this one, but I would recommend checking out some of his writings if you like horror and the fantastic.
.
Well so long for now, and remember I'm not a gardener, I just like hos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!