Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, May 26, 2008

I need a back-e-out-ta-mee

I don't know to spell that one right but my back is killing me, I'm walking like a 90 year old man who shit himself and am thinking about trying to find some Asian women to walk on my back, yeah walk on my back that's the ticket, either that or hammer down some more painkillers. And you wanna know how I did it?
.
You'll be completely unmazed when you read this, but I did it in a coughing fit yesterday, doubled over and twitched something the wrong way and ta-dah, instant gimp.
.
No matter, here's to hoping it passes quickly . . . but now onto the real reason why you all have come here, the not quite news and bemusing linkitude.
.
So we'll start with something local, no doubt if you're from Sioux Lookout you've already seen this, watched it live or I already emailed this link to you, but check here for a video of the last wall of Gertie's store being knocked down last week. For those of you not familiar with the your Sioux Lookout lore Gertie ran the local candy store and was probably blessed as being one of the few old spinsters, who were always old spinsters, who didn't like kids who were lucky enough to run candy stores.
.
Unfortunately after Gertie died a nephew of hers tried to make a go of the store, but with Gertie things didn't seem to go so well, and after a fire shut the business a year ago? More? I dunno. No matter it was just a matter of time before the wrecking ball, or in this case excavator, levelled the place. Interesting bit of trivia, the store just looked like a house from the outside and in my lifetime never had a sign on it. You just knew it was Gertie's store, and that you couldn't touch the candy yourself, open the coolers to browse around and you had to buy at least $1 worth of the loose Nutty Club candy.
.
I often wonder without Gertie's shop in business where the Nutty Club is selling their gear now.
.
The local GM dealer has apparently purchased the property in order to extend their empire.
.
Well that's enough local reminicsing don't you think? Especially if you're not from here. . . now let's piss and moan about the local weather . . . it's snowing, again, and I can see white on the ground . . . this is seven shades of bullshit and if things don't smarten up soon I'm going to have to learn to start like sangria and paella because I'll have to move to Spain or something to get away from this bullshit.
.
Nah who am I kidding, I ain't going anywhere . . . least not right now.
.
Okay that was still pretty local wasn't it? How about these pictures showing our planet surrounded by all the various bits of space junk that are spinning around at hundreds of miles an hour right above our heads? Pretty cool eh? I don't know if they're real or photoshops or what, but they're still cool. And it's better than me pissing and moaning about my back or the weather.
.
If you thought that was a horrible sin, then this is for you, according to this article BMW has developed an engine that's exhaust is 'cleaner' than the ambient air going into the engine to be burnt. Now I guess depending on where that air is being taken from that could be a big deal.
.
And in the world of entertainment it seems that according to this Billboard article all varieties of musicians and other celebs are going to be paying tribute to the one the only Mr. Lemmy Kilmister and telling the story of his life and career in an upcoming documentary titled Lemmy. I wonder when they're going to get around to talking to me since it was at Motorhead's April 2005 show at the Walker Theatre in Winnipeg that I got my tinnitus. Although I'm sure there's a million people with that story to tell.
.
There's a teaser clip up of the documentary online here if you're interested and I know you are because everyone loves Motorhead and Lemmy, it's science.
.
Well that's enough for now, I'm outta here.

No comments: