Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yo Joe!

I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to, and dreading, fighting for freedom where ever there's trouble at the August 7, 2009 release of the new GI Joe live action flick. Seeing some of the productions still from this link here have put the dread into me . . . the excitement is based on watching the cartoons that aired when I were but a wee lad . . . well okay I was never small but I was young once.
.
I mean come on, where's Destro's metallic mask? The Baroness' cobra symbol? Why is everyone wearing black rubbery body armour? Why is there a Wayans (admittedly he was really good in Requiem for a Dream and The Ladykillers, but totally shit the bed in the D&D movie) in it? I mean no one really seems to look like their two or cartoon/comic characters, except for Storm Shadow. As is often the cry of geeks throughout the basements of the world, it's already been done, you have tons of source material, and you still manage to fuck it up? Read a comic, watch a cartoon for Christ's sake.
.
I have to admit that Dennis Quaid does look good as General Hawk though.
.
But that's enough classic geekery for a bit eh? How about some that might be more of a musical nature? Like a Lego recreation of Motorhead playing Ace of Spades, complete with audience? Now that's cool. There are many more Lego based videos on YouTube that you might want to check out if that one tickled your fancy, and we all know how you like to have your fancy tickled.
.
But maybe you don't think you're a geek, but you aren't sure if you're a hipster or not? Well fear not, worry no longer and rest your mind at ease, check out this article that will quickly answer the age old question "Am I a Hipster?". Sadly I according to one point in that write up, I am, or at least stand a good chance at being a Hipster. Guess I better start popping my collar like a total douchebag then, eh?
.
Well that's enough for now, but I will leave you with the 7 minute plus video of the circle of life in action, an eagle dragging a little goat off a cliff. I hope your attention span is longer than mine because I was fast forwarding and still couldn't get to the end.
.
Enjoy!

No comments: