Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Great News Everyone

It seems that the latest direct to DVD Futurama movie, The Beast with a Billion Backs, which is scheduled for a late June release has already been leaked on line. I have no idea where to find it, or what to do with it, but you might seeing as how you're so interweb savvy and what not. If it's anything like the first Futurama DVD movie release, Bender's Big Score, this should be a great watch and more than true to the series, but it would be nice if it had fewer shots at the FOX Network.
.
Now this isn't really entertainment related news, but it is entertaining. I know I've already shared this link with a number of people, but I have to make sure it gets flogged, check out the awesome gear all sporting the metal salute. I'm thinking about the BBQ apron myself. How about you?
.
From the edge of metal to the edge of reason, scientists, or a scientist anyway, can only guess, but check out this article about a gecko finding its way into an unhatched chicken egg. Can you imagine the horror of the experience? To actually have something crawl up your ass and die? I mean to smell like that's happened is one thing, but for it to actually happen, that's a whole other matter.
.
Personally the only reason I can think of for something like this is witchcraft. I say we throw the egg, gecko, bird it came from, guy who found it and the farmer who produced it into a lake and if they float we burn them for being witches and if they sink and drown we can sleep safe at night knowing that our Australian eggs aren't being witched right under noses . . . on the other side of the planet.
.
But enough of the eggs, looks like you could use something sweet, so how about a nice how to on making your very own deep fried Mars bar just like every gourmet restaurant and chippy in Scotland? Yeah you know you want to, so here it is. Enjoy.
.
And if that wasn't enough sugary goodness for you, how about testing your chocolate bar, well they said candy bar on the site but they're from the US and they talk funny, eh, identification skills over here.
.
Remember Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't.
.
Now that we've had our afters, how about some insightful conversation and debate? Yeah I thought so . . . how about we just have a laugh at how we used to be then? Like check out this link for the things that an employer should look for when hiring a woman, in 1943.
.
I guess it's safe to say that we, and you've, come a long way baby. Don't forget, you can do it.
.
And finally how's about a look at how things were going to be in the year 2000 from the perspective of someone who watched too much sci-fi in 1961. Although the article's author was way off in some respects (where's my hover car damnit? screw that I'll settle for gasoline under $1.00 a litre . . . remember those days?) but some of the ideas/predictions in the article have some ring of truth to them. And I'm sure they did a better job of predicting than I would do for how things will be in 39 years, well except to say that things will cost a whole lot more, everyone will complain about taxes being too high and should be lower and that government doesn't do enough and should increase spending (how do you do both I wonder?), scientists will be predicting climate change, global warming and running out of oil. But by that time oil will be so expensive only Saudi Sheiks and six richest Kings of Europe will be able to afford it.
.
Well I gotta go, time to pour my Bacon Vodka into a nice bottle, it should be ready now.
.
Later.
.
PS - Happy 56th Birthday Mr. T, I know you ain't got no time for the jibba-jabba, but hopefully you've got time for cake and pin the tail on the donkey.

No comments: