Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, September 08, 2008

Chuck says . . .

. . . I'm done with Sergio, treats me like a rag doll.
.
Ah remember that one? No? Come on, it was a big hit for Perry Farrell when he was fronting Jane's Addiction. It's a really good song, and not a whole lot like (but no so radically different either I suppose) what Jane's Addiction had going on the rest of the time. You can check out a really good live version of the song, complete with steel drums, here if you're so inclined.
.
If you don't remember Jane Says, I bet you still sing this song to yourself every time your popping a few grapes from the produce rack or a couple wine gums from the bulk candy bins when you're walking the aisles of the local Safeway (I hear it's today's better way too).
.
There's a bit of musical good news to share around as well - first off none other than the Watchmen are going to be playing a reunion show at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg (it's one great city you know?) on October 30 as part of Power 97's Powerball. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at 10:00 AM. I don't know about you but I'm really thinking about hitting this one up.
.
Also rocking the shit out of Winnipeg will be none other than Mr. Danko Jones on October 9th at Silverados. I swear there's a conspiracy to keep me from seeing Danko play, I do believe I'm out of town for work that day and the really shitty part is I'll likely going to be in Winnipeg the day after this show. Show info here if you're interested, and if you like to rock you should be.
.
I'm sure that this tour won't be coming anywhere near to me, which is too bad, but according to this article the Pogues are going to be reuniting for a Christmas time tour (because nothing says Christmas like the Pogues. If you don't believe me listen to this), providing Shane McGowan lives that long that is.
.
If you're more into Hardcore then you'll be happy to hear that none other than the Bad Brains are reuniting on Election Day 2008 for their first show with original line-up in 10 years, and new album. You can read more about it here if. If you're not familiar with the Bad Brains, you should check them out they've got a great groove to their particular style of punk and I like most of their stuff as long as they aren't preaching Rasta too hard . . . which believe me they can and will do.
.
I just wonder if they're still banned in DC?
.
If you'd like to learn more about Hardcore, check out the book and/or film American Hardcore. Both are well worth the time you'll put into them.
.
That's it, I'm outta here for now . . . but baby I got to know, do you kiss on the first date?

No comments: