Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, September 15, 2008

Just another manic monday

I'm thinking that it's time for me to get some new specs and I asked for suggestions. One particularly helpful fellow suggested I get myself a nice big pair of Jackie O glasses (BTW if you're male and you wear these glasses you'd best be into dudes because that's the message you're giving the world. Just trying to help you out here), because all the kids are wearing them these days. Now I'm positive this was done tongue in cheek, but no matter I couldn't pass up the opportunity to agree and point out that I could start popping my collar and wearing a golf visor so that everyone would know what a great d-bag I am.
.
The talk of glasses means I have to post this article, all about one of the saddest days for law enforcement . . . seems that some coppers in the UK have been told to stop wearing the classic state trooper mirrored shades. What next, no more mustasches?
.
While doing some research I came across this gem (it's truly truly truly outrageous) which points out the nine worst recent fashion trends for d-bags.
.
Since I mentioned kids and their strange, and admittedly incorrect, view of what's cool up there, here's the Beloit College Mindset List for kids going into their first year of uni right . . . now! If you're not familiar the Beloit List basically gives reference points or factoids of the world that the college freshman have grown up in, stuff like they've never known a world without GPS or with Sammy Davis Jr.
.
Number 30 on the list is a big favourite of mine, as it may be true that at the restaurant McDonald's uses only vegetable oil too finish off their fries, but when they're pre-cooking them at the french fry factory it's animal fat all the way. I'm sure there's some finger nails and band-aid or two thrown in for good measure as well.
.
We often play a similar game but more like with kids in elementary school if there's a teacher a round or using a friend's kid as an example. Think about it, you might remember getting your first microwave oven, but that kid in grade six, thanks to that wonderous invention, may never have known the wonders that is fried spaghetti or reheating an entire pot of soup for a couple bowls.
.
Well that's her for now and remember, friends don't let friends pop collars.

No comments: