Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Jerry Lee

It seems that on this very day way back in 1976 Jerry Lee Lewis opened up a couple great balls of fire on his then bass player Norman Owens while trying open a pop can with a .357 magnum. Mr. Owens survived and went on to sue Jerry Lee over the incident . . . but this just makes me think, I had some really lame party games at my birthdays.
.
Oh well I guess if you're the kinda guy who'd marry a 13 year old cousin behind your family's back you're really going to know how to tear it up. Unlike anyone who signs on for the course being offered in Jedi studies by a UK university. You can read a bit about it here, but just remember no matter what you do don't drunkenly leap over a fence proclaiming yourself Darth Vader and start to beat on the Jedis in training with a broomstick. Just ask this guy.
.
Although another word to the wise, if you're a grown man and going to start a Jedi Church and have lightsabre battles in your backyard, be prepared for attacks from the Empire (and no I don't mean Starbucks or Wal Mart this time) and just suck it up when you do. A lump on the head and bruised leg seem like small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, and come on you were asking it for it.
.
Since I mentioned evil empires up there we may have to add IKEA to the that list as well, seems that Israel has some how disappeared from maps sold by IKEA in Abu Dhabi, or at least that's what I read here and why would they lie. Oh those crazy Arabs.
.
Well I think it's time for something decidedly less serious - how about a comprehensive list of 15 reasons why Canada is better than your country . . . unless of course your country is Canada, in which case we've just created a vicious circular reference that may lead to the end of the world as we know it.
.
And while we're talking about the greatest of Canada, how's a $12, 000.00 speeding ticket from Alberta. When I first read this article about an Albertan speeding on a motorcycle my first thought was "Wow his insurance is going through the roof".
.
Honestly, how lame a reaction is that?
.
Then I thought, must be a crotch rocket . . . then I thought that's a little higher (3 km/h) than the top speed of my car - not that I've reached those speeds . . . but I can say there was a time when I said to myself "Self you're never going to drive that fast again" - and in case you're curious it may have been faster than the guy in the Chevy Cobalt mentioned at the end of that article.
.
You've likely heard about already, but legendary actor Paul Newman recently died, here's an early article about the man and his death. It's too bad Mr. Newman is gone, but his films and popcorn and salad sauce live on.
.
And in honour of Episode 1 of Season 3 of Heroes tonight, here's some pics of Hayden Panettiere popping out of her bikini a little on her birthday. Talk about happy birthday to you. Enjoy.
.
That's her for now . . . takin' it off here boss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are from Steve and Debbie Vincent in Savant Lake and Booby Peterson. They discovered this last year while out hunting.