Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Would you eat a 6 month old chocolate bar?

No? Well what if I dare you? Double dare? Triple Dog Dare you?

Well too late too late. According to this article in the National Post looks like you just may have. Obviously these months old chocolate bars are fine, you've likely been eating them your whole life without knowing any better. But damn isn't it scary seeing it in print like that? Me if I were you, and I'm not praise Jebus, I wouldn't worry about eating the 1/2 year old confectionery treat, but be wondering how much better a fresh one would taste.
.
And WTF isn't the national post a Canadian paper? Why are they referring to them as candy bars? Does anyone in Canada do that? Or is it just a Northwestern Ontario thing to call them chocolate bars?
.
Fuck I'm going to eat some Old Dutch chips because those of you unlucky enough to suffer through living in TO don't have that option. And I'll wash them down with some pop - not soda.

Or maybe a beer . . . speaking of, check out this lovely little list from Cracked which points out the nine things that (you think) your beer says about you. Pass me a PBR will you.

Enough snacking, how about something amazing? Check out this amazing photo taken from the top of the Burj Dubai skyscraper. When this photo was taken it was 688 metres (over 2257 feet) tall (Empire State Building is a measly 381 metres (1250 feet) without the antenna and the CN Tower is 553 metres (1815 feet) tall). When all is said and done this building is supposed to be 853 metres (almost 2800 feet) tall . . . that's better than a half mile tall.

As of September 28 it was 713.7 meters (over 2340 feet) tall and here are some more photos. Pretty amazing eh? I'll let you make your own joke about this being why gas is over $6.00 a gallon . . . me I'm too busy trying to imagine what the foundation under that big bastard is like.

I think we're about out of time here so I'll leave you with a nifty little personality quiz, it rolls through a bunch of different categories you select the picture of the thing you like the best or best represents what you're about and then it tells you're a bed wetter with an Oedipus complex. Not that the plastic sheets and all those pictures of you and your mum don't give that away.

Apparently I'm a mood sofisticat, when it comes to fun I'm a conqueror, habit wise I'm a new wave puritan and a social nostalgic. How do you stack up?

And oh yeah if you don't like the answers you get you can always try again picking different favourites. Cheater.

Later gators.

2 comments:

Willow said...

Um, sorry Chuck...but we DO have the option of eating Old Dutch potato chips in and around TdotO and we have for about the past year. EEEK! I think I'll hand them out this Halloween to the kiddies and get them all addicted.

Chuck said...

Well holy sheep dip - the times they are a changing . . . what's next for southern ontario? Lakes you can swim in and fish from them that are safe to eat?