Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, October 24, 2008

Ch ch ch ch ch ah ah ah ah

As you may or may not know there is a new Friday the 13th film being released Friday February 13, 2009 (is there any other day really?) and if you're interested you can check out the trailer for it here. It does seem to have some of the lines straight from the original, but if I remember right Jason didn't get his infamous hockey mask until the end of the second film or sometime in the third one and I'm thinking it was in the third film.
.
I may have to blow the dust off all the VHS copies of these films that I have and warm the VCR and check. Or maybe one of you knows the answer right off the top of your head?
.
And while we're on the topic of new film trailers, how about this new trailer for the Watchmen movie? Tell me that doesn't look cool - and believe you me the story is great, let's just hope it translates to the screen better than some of Alan Moore's other stories, after the studio totally pooched the film adaptation of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but honestly the graphic novel is quite good. It really is, you should read it. Needless to say I'm really looking forward to March 6, 2009.
.
We're running short on time this morning, so I will leave you with this bit of advice. Step it the fuck up Winnipeg! I just read this horrific bit of news yesterday, but according to that article it seems that Saskatoon has replaced Regina as the murder capitol of Canada. Man oh man do you remember when it was always Winnipeg?
.
I wonder what's happened? Maybe the locals have finally gotten around to reading their license plates and have taken the motto "Friendly Manitoba" to heart . . . or maybe they're just too busy stealing cars to be shooting and stabbing anyone?
.
I wonder how my lovely little town rates on the murders per 100,000 stat? I mean if I understand math right, and I often do, with a population of about 5,200 people if we have one murder per yer that would put us at 19.2 murders per 100,000. That's triple Saskatoon's numbers . . . so hopefully we don't have one murder per year in our lovely little or we'll be getting whacks of free publicity . . . again. But then again the article said homicide, and I'm sure you can kill someone and have it technically not be a homicide.
.
Good thing we've got lawyers, eh?
.
Anyway I gotta motor, until next time.
.
PS - I'd just like to say hello to the person who found this blog by Googling "Sexual Predators in Sioux Lookout" and let them know, no no no, it's not me babe, it's not me you're looking for.

No comments: