Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'll Remember You

Sebastian Bach has gone country. What's the world coming to? Sure I mean I can see Hootie going country. But it's true, if you don't believe me check it out for yourself.
.
Now compare that to 18 and Life (which trust me sounds awesome in a Camaro, if you don't believe me maybe we can test it out in the spring). A classic for sure.
.
Maybe a better comparison is I'll Remember You, but you get the idea. No matter I'm not heart broken over this, just thought I'd share.
.
Well let's put some edge back on this, so here's a good interview with Ian MacKaye (of Fugazi, Minor Threat, Teen Idles, The Evens, Embrace, Egg Hunt, Skewbald/Grand Union and Pailhead).
.
And to put a bit of cartoony back into it, how about Metallica's "The Four Horsemen" (I remember seeing Metallica on that tour in the old Winnipeg Arena, my first concert ever, I might still have the concert shirt upstairs, although it'd be way to small and faded nicely as only metal shirts can do) recreated entirely in an NES synth? Check it out yo. Man it's so awesome you'd swear it was nine bit sound!
.
If that tickled your fancy then you'll also love the 8 bit NES Synth Final Countdown.
.
All right that's enough of that for now, eh? It's no secret that I've travelled a bit and I'm huge mark for almost anything English so naturally when I read this article, I thought sweet here's one, or I guess I should say two, big reasons to go back to England. Then I read this one and was over to Expedia to check some flight costs.
.
And shit while I'm over there might as well check out Scotland, I mean reading this article seems like it's an all right place to me. At least they've got their priorities straight.
.
Speaking of priorities although it might seem early I've nearly worn out my Sears Wishbook so Chrimbo must be close at hand and that means you need a tree. I don't, but for some reason you do.
.
Can you tell me why? I mean other than the fact your mum and dad did and so did their mums and dads? No matter it's always been so, so why stop? Anyway let me save you some work and show you where you can order your every own replica Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. Pretty awesome eh?
.
PS Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.
.
Well that's enough of that. Think you're white and nerdy? Well find out just how white & nerdy you may or may not be here. Apparently I'm 42% white and nerdy. How do you stack up?
.
Well I think that's her for now, but I will sign off with a treat for the fans of wrestling and nudie magazines. Before she was a WWe Diva Mickie James did her time doing nude modelling and here's a nice set of photos that eerily foretold the future.
.
PS - check out the video I posted today, looks like someone has uploaded the entire and unedited Nirvana Unplugged performance, uncut to Youtube. Sure the quality's not the best and it's over an hour long but it will bring you back to those halcyon days of your youth when the only thing cooler than dressing in flannel and Docs was not giving a shit about anything.
.
Oh slacking, non-committal Gen-X where are you know? In your cube, decked out in chinos reading this probably. FTW.

No comments: