Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back At It

Yep we're back at it again after what a break of three weeks or so?
.
Where have I been you wonder? What have I been doing? Well we're glad you asked, the start to the break in the blogging was because I spent four days in lovely Niagara Falls at the Fallsview Sheraton, for work of all things. So that takes care of part of it . . . but before we go on, I want to know, why is it that the more I pay for a hotel room, the worse I get treated?
.
I mean if I stay at a place for $90 a night I get free internet in my room and breakfast the next day. Spend over $200 a night and internet costs me $15.00 a day and breakfast is a $25? I don't get it, either that or the service industry doesn't. No matter it didn't cost me and I had a sweet view of the falls from the 30th floor of the hotel . . . I almost needed an oxygen mask for the elevator ride to my room.
.
So anyway back to why I wasn't here . . . the day travelling back to town after the Niagara Falls trip was also spent driving, well riding shotgun, to Winnipeg for a couple nights at the Place Louis Riel (I wonder how many other countries have places, hotels or holidays (albeit a provincial one) for a man hanged for high treason? Well I guess the UK does have bonfire night for good old Guy Fawkes and his merry band of Catholic Conspirators (or political fallguys or patsies)) to geek it up flatlander style at the Manitoba Comicon and eat Indian food.
.
The con was great fun, over 16, 000 people went through over the two days and I scored some cool new toys, some new graphic novels, got Lou Ferrigno's autograph (who's still a big man, I could barely get my hand around his to shake it), got to meet a new and great artist Laurie B. (I'm sure once you see her art you'll know why I was so enthralled with her work and couldn't decide what to buy from her, but settled on a sketch book, that way I got it all). Big ups to her for putting up with me coming back to her table several times flipping threw her art . . . but given her line of work and the target audience I'm sure she's used to it. If not she put on a great front and sometimes I can handle being lied to.
.
We also got to chat with a TV Superboy for a bit, watched Helen Slater (the movie Supergirl) from a safe distance, and trust me she's still looking good, saw Erica Durance (who surprisingly has no bum at all, don't get me wrong, she's good looking, but then she turned around and pow, there's back, there's legs, there's no ass . . . I don't know how she poops).
.
We also saw a rather scary looking tranny Supergirl (who was Batgirl or should I say Bat Ladyboy the next day) but that's okay . . . that was more than balanced with all the giggity from the girls, although many of them were jailbait, I'll admit it, prancing about in their comic book costumery. Needless to say it filled my mind with superhero powered sin.
.
If you're into Indian food and in Winnipeg check that place out, I eat there regularly when I'm in the city, and I think it's good . . . and who's a better judge of quality Indian food than a big white guy from a small town that grew up thinking there were only four kinds of cheese in the whole world (cheddar, mozza, cheez whiz and cheese slices) and grew up in a house where black pepper was considered a blazing hot spice? Hey answer me that.
.
And you're in luck, it looks like you can order spices through the restaurant website if you're interested - I can't promise that the same spices will make the food at home just as good, but it's a start eh?
.
We also spent a rather amusing evening at the East Kildonian Legion . . . Legions are Legions it seems but this one had the first $2.50 drinks I've had in a long time, and for that and a few of the regular patrons it will hold a special place in my heart for a while.
.
So that explains away one week and a long weekend, then I was in Kasabonika for work . . .and the weather was miserable, cold wet rainy snow, low ceiling, just miserable . . . but I made it out when I was supposed and no one got hurt.
.
Then there was a couple days in Kingfisher Lake this week, throw in a couple busy weekends and pow she's all gone and here we are. but now let's get down to bidnizz bitches . . .
.
I think I owe you all a little public service announcement here and sorry for the short notice, but if you were ever a fan of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, on Oct 25th you will have the chance to dance the same routine simultaneously with others worldwide. You can read about it here, but it's taking place tomorrow so you'd better read fast and call into work sick so you can spend the day getting your zombie dance choreography down.
.
Why this might even be better than the Thai Prison Thriller Dance . . . but that's going to be hard to top, doncha think?
.
In entertainment news, according to this there's a Muppet movie for adults in the works . . . this leaves me wondering if that means we'll have to see Miss Piggy being DP'd on the big screen? No matter I'm sure I'll go see it either way, after all you cannot go wrong with the Muppets. I just wish that someone was rerunning the Muppet Show . . . but maybe it will come, after all Teletoon Retro is rerunning Fraggle Rock at the moment.
.
If you're ever after a good laugh on the job site, pull the netting/straps out of your hardhat, put it back on your head and proclaim yourself a Doozer. Trust me it's a hoot.
.
Well that's all we have time for today, but I will leave you with this lovely cross over of geekery and giggity, check out this picture from the new Star Trek film and I'm sure you'll be pleased to see the that the Original Series uniforms are back baby yeah. There are some words to go along with the picture here, but you don't care about that do you?
.
Anyway, I'm outtie.

No comments: