Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Act Now . . . they're going fast!

Yep things are changing, disappearing and becoming defunct at an alarm rate . . . some good (remember smoking in airplanes?) some bad and some just meh (rotary dial phone anyone?). But someone has taken the time to compile some of histories rarest of the rare. There's some pretty neat stuff there and if you've got any lying around, and a ping pong table, I'm totally coming over to hang out way more often.
.
Like I said things are disappearing and here's a list of companies that are thought to disappear this calendar year. I'm sure there are earth shattering ramifications to each of these going under, but I don't know that I'll miss them, I mean it's not like I drive my Chrysler to Pier 1 while talking on a Nortel phone . . . much.
.
As for Chrysler going tits up, it won't be the first car maker to do it, don't believe check out this list ask yourself where the AMC, Packard & DeSoto dealers are now.
.
But maybe you like to see disappearance on a larger scale, if so check out this extinction timeline showing history from 1950 and predictions up to 2050 . . . go check it for yourself, I don't want to spoil the ending.
.
Another thing to fall to the wayside seems to be the mustache which is too bad because all know how important facial hair is (hmmmm maybe I need one of these?), but have no fear Spike has collected what they think are history's most important mustaches. A good collection I think, but history most important? Probably not, I mean Lanny MacDonald wasn't even on the list. Now that was a quality 'stache, and really a Canadian, or at least Western Canadian Icon. Don't believe me? Check it for yourself.
.
Speaking of Canadian Iconery how about that one burning thing that unites Canadians from coast to coast, hating Toronto, and now you can enjoy it movie style, with the tongue in cheek mockumentary "Let's All Hate Toronto" no doubt made by Torontonians . . . isn't it ironic, donchathink?
.
And Katy Perry wore a green bikini, and I liked it.
.
And that's her. Until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have also had dealings with "Richar Lapoint or now known as Richard Brozinski. We have been scammed as landlords. This guy will see his day. Hopefully his poor wife and two children can get away at some point. His accounts are all numbered to protect him from the collection people. Sure hope i don't come face to face with him!