Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, January 02, 2009

An Idea for a Snowy Day

Actually this might work out here as we've got a little bit of snow yesterday and last night and I believe there's more on the way, any way the crafters of this art made them by pressing their faces into fresh snow on cars to create a 3-D sculpture look. Pretty cool eh? Well cool as long as they don't use my car the no good punks.
.
Christmas might be over and done with for another year (which means in a week and a half chocolate hearts and Cupid cards will be hitting the shelves followed by marshmallow peeps and Cadbury's Easter Creme Eggs on February 15) but that doesn't mean we can have a look back at the wonders that was the 1985 Wishbook, back when the Christmas catalog was chock full of wonderful toys, not like how it is today all video games. It's crap I tells yah.
.
I know I've spent more than a few lines of this blog hammering on how much I'm looking forward to the March 6, 2009 release of The Watchmen film, but this article about the ongoing legal battle over distribution rights and a recent court ruling might put that release in jeopardy. The movie will get released, I have no doubt about that it just might take time as the two studios fight over payments and rights and royalties. And then it will be leaked to the interwebs before it's theatrical release and all will be appeased.
.
Legal proceedings be damned, how about watching a new video with some new clips from the film along with some nice interview voice over action with the movie's Director Max Snyder. How hard did you geek out while watching that? I bet you had to hit your inhaler pretty hard, didn't you?
.
I had no idea, but apparently there are real regular people kicking around out there in full costumed regalia fighting crime. You can read about these wanna be Batman here and here if you're inclined to. I guess now we know who watches the Watchmen. I wonder if they're taking applications for costumed evil super villain arch nemesisses (or is that nemesi?)?
.
And a dash of history - did you know that today is the 70th anniversary of Adolf Hitler being honoured as Time magazine's Man of the Year? I suppose anyone could be fooled by a charismatic madman with a Charlie Chaplin 'stache in the beginning.
.
Well today I'll sign off with one for the Willow that might convince her to give up vegetarian ways - seems that her beloved ancestral home of Iceland is not only rerouting motorways in efforts to not disturb the homes of their own special breed of fair folks but it's also crazy for hotdogs. I'd have to Linkadmit that after a night of binge drinking and 4 wheeling with Bjork a hotdog and a dip in a hot spring would be pretty nice.

No comments: