Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, January 09, 2009

Remember Music Videos?

Remember Video Hits? Remember Sam Taylor?
.
Why do I ask? I don't know, I've just been watching some videos on Youtube thinking of a time when I could actually waste time watching videos on TV, Pepsi Power Hour anyone? How about its younger cousin Loud?
.
Anyway it all started with the Butthole Surfers video for Who Was in my Room Last Night- then I checked out Ministry's Jesus Built My Hotrod. The for some reason I thought to check out STP's Sex Type Thing, then I thought to check out Megadeth's Sweating Bullets (why because the first time I heard STP play was when they opened for Megadeth at the Winnipeg Convention Centre in the mid 90's on the Symphony of Destruction Tour - Scott Weilland was rocking the bullhorn on stage and invited everyone to go out partying with them afterward . . . but I can't remember what bar he said, and not because I got so fucked up, I was I dunno 16 at the time).
.
Megadeth had me thinking Metallica (my first concert ever at the old Winnipeg Arena) so I cruised to check out their video for Whiskey in the Jar . . . I know it's not classic Metallica, but it's a great song and the video's awesome innit?
.
Then it was onto Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast - it's a great song off a great record but the video is more than a little weak. Then it was onto another of British Metal greats, Judas Priest's Breaking the Law which will forever make me think of Beavis & Butthead and setting my own personal land speed record.
.
From Priest to Sabbath and Iron Man and from there it was an easy step Ozzy's Crazy Train even if I couldn't find the video clip I wanted.
.
Oh well so it goes . . . well gotta get going maybe I'll add more later, maybe I won't. Until next time.

No comments: