Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Happy 60th Birthday Cheech!

On this day (July 13th to be exact) in 1946 Cheech Marin was born. Interesting facts - his real name is Richard and he's actually Iranian.


Uh-oh! I think I might be in trouble.

According to this article high doses of Tylenol have been linked to liver damage (or not depending on which study you look at). But we all knew that already. Now I'm sure I could save my liver tons of wear and tear if I could only get my hands on some of these fantastic old timey medicines of yester-year, cause I could totally go for some Shmeckler's Brain Tonic right about now.

And to think now if you gave your baby morpheine you'd be called a bad parent. Oh how the times they are a changing.

In case you want some more proof of that check out this health class film, from the fine people at McGraw-Hill, about the various differences between the sexes. Did I mention it was made in 1964? Well it was. Think you could run this one in the class room today?

Well that's all for now.

No comments: