Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Up, up and away!

I saw the new Superman movie last week and because I know everyone is dying to hear it, here are my thoughts on the movie . . . this should be spoiler free but if it's not too bad.

I didn't think the movie got good until until about the last 25-30 minutes or so when they decided that they should try add some decent writing to the mix.

If you were a fan of the old superman films I don't think you'll be disapointed - there's at least one scene with Lex Luthor in a brown corduroy suit and the superman in a three piece suit (that includes the stylish late 70's/early 80's vest) running down road ripping open the shirt to reveal the mighty S . . . sadly no phone booth scene though.

I have to say it was kinda creepy at times because sometimes the new superman looked a whole lot like Chris Reeves, and other times he looked a whole lot like the kid from Rushmore.

Of course this was just my two cents worth, but I may be biased as I think superman is lame.

In flavour of this here's 40 things you didn't know about Superman, I didn't read them all, but I am sure they left out the fact that he's lame.

Since we're on the topic how about this leaked trailer for Supergirl . . . . okay it's not Supergirl it's SuperBecca and I'd hate to think why it was made . . . too late I already thought of one, and it ain't pretty. But I can't blame the dude. Damn.

This does lead to me to ask, why can't I find a girl who'll dress up as a super hero for me? Because the only thing that would be geek hotter than that would be her dressing up in the old school original Trek Uniform and being chased up that slanted rock from the Californian desert. That cat in Free Enterprise knew how to live. The geeks know exactly what I'm talking about.

To keep the sci-fi geek flavour going turns out that Billie Piper will leaving Dr. Who (to spend more quality time with me, fingers crossed) and the Doctor will be getting a new travelling companion. Read about her here and here. The second link has a decent picture of her, I'll wait to see her in action to pass judgement.

No comments: