Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, December 11, 2006

I loves me some trivia

And that's no secret so for that reason here's a list of Names of 33 Things you Didn't Know had Names and here's a list of 23 Obscure and Obsolete Words. I have to admit that the entire latter list was news to me, but I've had my share of meupareuniac experiences, and some of them even with another person. Oh ho zing!

As for the 33 names list, well maybe it's my love for trivia but I knew some of them, and I'm sure most of you know at least one of them too, after all why do you think they call it a ball-peen hammer?

And since we're rocking trivia lists, how about this one, 20 Things You Didn't Know About Rats. A good list for sure, but one thing it was missing was the Rat King. A Rat King isn't just a character from the Nutcracker story, in this case its a mythological beast said to arise when a number of rats become intertwined at the tails, and additionally stuck to each other with blood, dirt, and excrement. Consequently, the animals grow together, joined at the tails, which are often broken. The phenomenon is particularly associated with Germany, where the majority of instances have been reported. I for one think that the Rat King is about as real as PT Barnum's Fiji Mermaid.

Got time for one more? Of course you do or you wouldn't be here. So here's 40 things you didn't know about sleep. Personally I found this one to be interesting "The extra-hour of sleep received when clocks are put back at the start of daylight in Canada has been found to coincide with a fall in the number of road accidents." And here I thought it was just good for another hour's boozing at the bar?

And now it's time for Bond, James Bond trivia in the form of a list of 70 Things You Didn't Know About James Bond. I haven't seen the new Bond movie yet, but I hear that Daniel Craig is a top shelf 007, even if he doesn't look much like a proper James Bond, but more like the James Bond that BBC would cast if they were making their own Bond film, but of course that's just my opinion and what do I know of such things? Admittedly I'm not a huge Bond fan, but I've read that Mr. Craig is good enough to be compared to Sean Connery, who again in my humble opinion is the best Bond ever. And really there aren't too many scenes in a film hotter than Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder coming out of the water in the white bikini in Dr. No, now is there?

Holy fanboy much? Well for those of you with even greater fanboy tendencies, here's literally the hottest search engine on the net. I don't know how well it works because my computer really doesn't like it, so I'll stick to my Google Toolbar, thanks.

By the way since I know there are some Bond fans out there, here are the opening sequences for every Bond film up to Die Another Day. You're welcome.

To shift gears a bit, did you you know that on this very day in 1957 rock-a-billy superstar and Sun Records recording artist, and Million Dollar Quartet member (here's the famous picture of the group, recognise anyone?) Jerry Lee Lewis marries his jailbait 13 year old cousin, Myra Gail Brown. Myra's parents are not told of their coupling until the story was broken by the press the following year. Lewis neglects to divorce his wife Jane Mitcham until April 1958. Here's a picture of lovely incestuous statuatorily raping couple.

Well I think that's enough awesome for Monday morning, see you later.

No comments: