Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Well folks it's that time again . . .

I'm supposed to go up north again today, but this time it's Kingfisher Lake with a Contractor and the weather still isn't looking very promising for going AND returning today, although it is looking better than yesterday. Right now my plan is to postpone this trip.

Anyway, here's something I thought was kinda interesting, apparenlty without knowing it the US army has recruited gang members, and I don't mean cute Vaudeville show putting on gang members like the Little Rascals, and deployed them in Iraq to fight the war and now they are putting up US gang graffitti over there.

And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person who feels this way, but according to the article three out of four workers would rather have an afternoon off than be at a staff Christmas party, even the ones with free booze.

And since it's the Giftmas season, here are the 50 Greatest Commercials of the 80's, complete with videos of the commercials, so you don't just have to reimagine Max Headroom telling you catch catch catch the wave, coke, you can relive in wondrous webstreaming realism.

And for some more of the giftmas spirit how about a trip in the way back machine to look at a few scanned pages from the 1988 Radio Shack catalog? Me I can't wait for my big as a log $1500 mobile phone or my $2600 home computer with an amazing four megabytes of memory and a screaming 16 mHz processor.

Ah geek humour at it's finest eh folks?

And it's not specifically giftmas related, but here are the trailers for the Simpsons movie set to debut on July 27, 2007. Now I haven't been a regular Simpsons watching in a few years now, but I will go see this movie for sure. Why? Just 'cause.

We'll I think it's time to shove off or at least try to make a phone call.

Later

No comments: