Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

'Cause he rips, when he skates, he never hesitates. . .

Okay granted there are better Suicidal Tendencies songs, but the video above was my first exposure to the band and because of it I ended up buying their album "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today" on cassette from the Columbia House Music Club (remember those fuckers, the 12 albums for a penny guys). Man I swear when i first saw that video it was a whole lot cooler. . . . honest. I even had an ST patch on my jean jacket at one time . . . I know I know soo-oh cool eh?

But enough of that, today is a big day for history, or at least pop culture history; for instance today is the 27th anniversary of Led Zeppelin drummer Jon Bonham's death, in case you don't know he was found dead after choking to death on his own vomit after a day of heavy drinking, or as I like to refer to it pulled a Bon Scott.

Since we're talking Zeppelin here, they are going to be performing a one off charity reunion show at London's O2 Arena on November 26, 2007 as part of the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute show to raise money for the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund.

If you don't know who Ertegun is, he was one of the co-owners/founders of Atlantic Records and was the man who signed Zeppelin to the label.

Today is also the 19th anniversary of the death of former American President Jimmy Carter's brother Billy from pancreatic cancer. Billy Carter was probably best known for shilling for the Libyan government and Billy Beer.

And it was 16 years ago today that everyone's favourite over achieving teenage brainiac television doctor, Doogie Howser (played by Neil Patrick Harris (or NPH as the cool kids call him) who while playing a parody of himself was one of the highlights of Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle and is apparently a very content gay man) lost his virginity on TV.

Well that's it for today, but I will eave you with a question, would you give these hitch hikers a ride?

Until next time.

No comments: