Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Today is a day that will live infamy

Well we all know that today is September 11 aka 9/11 the anniversary of the coordinated airplane hijacking and subsequent crashing of commercial air liners into the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon. The after effects of this are still being felt today every time you go into an airport and have to suffer through long lines at security with out enough gates or minimum wage safety screeners and how much safer do you feel on a plane now that you know that the guy across the aisle from you can only bring a dab of hand lotion on board and has to leave his water at the security check point?

But enough of the serious stuff, how about this; check out this link to see an amazing photo and bit of video of a plane being stuck by lightning while leaving Osaka airport . . . and I have to agree with the guy who posted the pic and video originally; how can a plane stay in the air after something like that but for fear for everyone on board's life you can't use your cell phone (but you can use the phone built into the seat?)?

In case airplanes aren't your bag, baby yeah, how about the ten weirdest things for sale on Amazon.com? I don't know about you but I think I need one of these and one of these . . . . but what I really need is one these, I mean shit who doesn't need a TARDIS USB hub?

And to appeal to the kid in all of us, how about Wizard's list of the Top 100 Toys of the past Decade? And I know you'll all be happy to know that I have #2 in my living as we speak . . . or as I type and you read.

To shift gears from toys to movies, how about some new pics from the upcoming Batman film, The Dark Knight? I've got high hopes for this one, Batman Begins was a great film and I think that everything I've seen or read to date about this one looks bad ass.

If Batman isn't your speed, how about Harold & Kumar's new flick, Harold & Kumar Go to Amsterdam? You can check out the trailer here if you're so inclined. All I can say is I'm glad that NPH is back in this one, he was one of the high points of the original.

And finally I'll sign off with the pictures that George A. Romero released from his newest zombie movie, "Diary of the Dead", check 'em out here.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssss

No comments: