Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, September 24, 2007

Maybe If I Reverse the Polarity

I'm at some point we've all realised that Hollywood (or I guess movies & TV in general) tends to play a little fast and loose with the rules of science, but hey it's the movies, but no matter here's a list of some of the worst offences from film. I figure you have to realise that movies aren't written/made by experts in every field so no matter your particular area of expertise is, whether it's aeronautics or being awesome (as mine is), you're going to find some mistakes/inconsistencies in the film . . . just hopefully they aren't too bad.

One of my favourites was when Wolverine was doing some computer hacking in the film Swordfish in front of many computer screens and one of the screens had AutoCAD on it. For those of you who don't know AutoCAD is a piece of drafting software (le sigh, I heart AutoCAD) I know it can do a whole lot more than what I use it for, but I doubt it has any hacking potential.

Since we're talking science and broken science how about Live Science's collection of the Top 10 Science Myths? The list and its write ups are definitely an interesting read for the geek set and/or Mythbusters fans.

Speaking of Mythbusters, Kari is definitely hot, probably because of the setting she's in on the show, her wicked red hair and photos like these (here are others if you're interested), but I really do miss Scottie on the show . . . something a about a dyed, pierced tattooed woman welding that I just can't explain.

But enough of that, how about a nice collection of 25 of the Strangest Laws from around the World? All I can say is thank Jebus (or the Flying Spaghetti Monster) that I read number 14 now as there's a chance that we'll go there on our trip to Malaysia in just over one month now and would much like to return with my head still attached to my body.

Since Halloween is only a little better than a month away I thought I'd share this link with some cool scary Halloweenie paper toys that you can print out on your home (or work) printer cut out and put together. There's some cool stuff there for sure, I might have to get me some heavy paper and go to town on the new printer at work and see how these work.

And to day I'll sign off with a small collection of interesting photos that you've maybe been emailed or emailed to people at one point in time or another; the underwater tiger is my favourite.

That's her for now, later.

No comments: