Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Must Have New Product

I thought I'd open up with a link to a commercial for a great new product I just found out about the other day. I'm sure after watching this you'll be thinking I want to get Khum Dhan too.

In case you wondering who came out on top in the 2007 World Beard & Mustache Championships, wonder no longer, because here's a the link to the winners. Man oh man now that collection of facial hair shows some definite commitment and a serious investment of time. Maybe I have a new goal to shoot for . . . I do like the Imperial and Hungarian mustaches and the Musketeer goatee is pretty sweet as well . . . something to think on, but in the mean time maybe I'll just let my beard grow in . . . and no I don't mean *that* kind of beard.

And here's some good news for the 80's kids and Goonies fans of all ages, according to this article there is a follow up to the movie in the works and it's going to be animated. I don't know about you but I've been waiting 22 years for a Goonies sequel and I still love me some cartoons, so this could be a very good thing, a very good thing indeed.

And what might be more good news for the 80's kids, or the shattering of another treasured childhood memory, there is a live action GI Joe film in the works (also scheduled for a 2009 release), to be directed by Stephen Sommers. You can read a bit about it here or check out the imdb page here, if you have an imdb pro account . . . which I don't. Fuckers. But anyway I don't think it will be hard to make a movie better than the 1985 animated debacle that was the GI Joe movie (Cobra Lalalalalalaa anyone??) but it might be hard to do for the man who brought us such stinkers as Van Helsing, the Mummy and the Mummy Returns.

Okay I have to admit the Mummy wasn't that bad, but you know what I mean/where I was going, right?

If you're a fan of Marvel Comics, Norse Mythology or superhero movies in general you'll be pleased to hear that there's a movie version of the comic book Thor (a little twist on the classic mythological Thor) coming to light, presently scheduled for a 2009 release. According to the film's imdb page actor Kevin McKidd is rumoured to be playing Thor in the film, but according to this brief write up the people at Marvel are pushing for pro wrestler Triple H to play the part, even though Director Matthew Vaughn wants McKidd.

I might have to go with Vaughn on this one after all he's been a part of some very good films in my humble opinion.

And I'll leave you with this important bit of information - rock and wrestling (one of my all time favourites for sure, I'm hoping he decides to return to ring sometime soon) superstar Chris Jericho will be going on a book signing tour to promote his book "A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex", complete with a stop in Winnipeg on November 15 at an as of yet undetermined location and at an undetermined time. I doubt I'll be able to make the signing, but I think I'll be getting a copy of the book fo' sho'.

And remember, Goonies never say die!

No comments: