Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, March 27, 2009

I want my BSG

Morning all . . . what to talk about today, well if you didn't know there's a live action film adaptation of Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are coming out this October. You can check out the trailer for it on the Youtubes here if you're so inclined. I know this is a must see film for me . . . the book was always one of the greats, and I still want a pair of those sweet pajamas that Max had, but after hearing it read at a friend's funeral it became a whole lot more powerful for me.
.
Let's hope the don't Transformers this one, eh?
.
So what's a geek to do on a Friday night without BSG? I'm at a loss, but I'm sure it'll involved sitting in front of a flickering screen of one type or another.
.
For some reason the Teeny Little Super Guy from Sesame Street just popped into my head. Talk about random eh? Well I guess he does just pop right up before your eyes. There's a bunch of videos on Youtube here if you're interested in a little childhood reminiscing.
.
After reading this Calvin & Hobbes comic I've come to realise that they prophets of our age and I think I should look into getting more Calvin & Hobbes books to better prepare myself for the rest of what life might have in store for me. You can check out a 30 day archive of the C&H comics here if you need a little boy and his tiger story fix. Although the comic stopped over ten years ago, it still has one of the finest goodbyes I've ever seen and one helluva a fine piece of advice for life, don't you agree?
.
And finally I think I'll destroy a little bit of your childhood . . . we all know there's a GI Joe movie coming out this summer right? And we're all hoping that it won't be as bad as we think it's going to be right? We'll kids there's nothing left to hope for because now that Cobra Commander has been revealed I don't see how they're going to be able to save this movie. Check it out here for yourself, if you dare.

No comments: