Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, March 16, 2009

One more time

Yeah been slacking about putting stuff up here again . . . I guess I've been busier more important things? Yeah I hate to say it, but sometimes it happens. No matter I'm back here today, and after all it's quality, not quantity, right? So let's have at it . . . since it is March Break and I'm not heading down to South Padre Island or anything like that.
.
This video came highly recommended, and all I have to say is what is that kid on and where can I get some?
.
I'm sure I've mentioned here before that the film Hellraiser is being redone, and this time with input from Clive Barker, the man who wrote the novella that the film was based on. So hopefully it will have more of the original story in it than what the first film did, although that movie was pretty cool, which probably had a lot to do with Doug Bradley's portrayal of Pinhead.
.
Speaking of here's a first look at the new Pinhead for the new film . . . different but the similar. I won't pass judgement until I see it in context.
.
From the current quasi-celebrity news file, or obits page I guess, former WWe wrestler Test aka Andrew Martin died just recently, you can read more about it here, but there isn't much info out there yet. But let's see . . . pro wrestler, early 30's, dead in apartment . . . I'm going with the classic heart attack from steroid and coke use that is oh so prevalent amongst his profession.
.
One of the better parts of a great book was when Roddy Piper made dedicated the book to all the guys he used to work with who weren't there anymore, and listed them and there was a lot, maybe more than you'd think. You'd think these guys would figure this shit out, but I guess the ride is good enough that you don't complain about it being short.
.
In music news infamous Norwegian Black Metal icon, former Burzum front man and church burner Varg Vikernes is being released from prison after serving his term for the murder of Mayhem guitarist Øystein Aarseth aka Euronymous. If you're interested you can read more about it here. Several years ago I met someone who had spoken with Varg on the phone from prison and what should come as no surprise is that he's very charismatic. Welcome back to society Varg, try to be good this go around, eh?
.
If you'd like to learn more about the Black Metal scene I'd recommend you read Lords of Chaos, it's a really good read, a little grim at times, but worthwhile.
.
And I'll sign off with another must see movie, Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead. Take a look at that title and the website and tell me it's not screaming win.
.
And now for some real news . . . check out this article and this one with photos of a suicide bomb blast going off in Sri Lanka outside a mosque while people were celebrating Mawlid, the birthday of the Prophet Mohammed. Be warned the pictures although they are frames from a video are pretty grim, and I don't mean the caught the aftermath of the explosion, they got the bomb going off.
.
So was it worth the wait? It better have been. Until next time.

No comments: