Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'll get you next time Gadget, next time . . .

Well if you're anything like me, and if you have any hopes of being awesome it'd be in your best interest to be, you have spent and still spend a good chunk of your television viewing on cartoons. If you animate, I'll try to watch it . . . anyway remember Inspector Gadget? And no I don't mean the film with Matthew Broderick or the really crummy sequel with that squinty guy from 3rd Rock from the Sun, the animated TV series with the Inspector voiced by Don Adams of Get Smart fame.
.
Anyway back to the matter at hand I'm sure you recall how in the cartoon you never saw Dr. Claw's face, only his claw and the back of his chair . . . and if you were anything like me you always figured there was some episode of the show that showed his face and you just never caught it. Well that might still be the case, but I doubt it so stop wasting your time watching the reruns and read on fair reader read on . . . seems that in the early 90's a toy company released a Dr. Claw action figure, that after you opened the package revealed his face. Wait wait wait, don't go scouring eBay for it just yet, you can check it out here if you're interested.
.
So now that you've had a look at it, is it just me or the picture of Dr. Claw you had in your head completely different from the action figure? Big ups for packaging the action figure with MAD Cat though.
.
Read more of about the face of Claw here . . . guess I'm not the first geek with an Internet connection to be let down by this revelation.
.
No matter, but that does segue nicely into Cracked's list of 7 Badass Cartoon Villains who Lost to Retarded Heroes doesn't it?
.
Is it just me or is this the coolest business card ever? Yeah you want some now too, don't you?
.
And now for something a little different, how about Kermit the Frog singing NIN's Hurt/spoofing Cash's video for the song? Pretty cool eh? If you know the guy who posted that particular video whack him with a stick for me not realising that Cash covered the tune, albeit his version is way better than Trent Reznor's original in my humble opinion. Watching Cash's video, it's just so much more powerful . . . or maybe I'm just a soppy git.
.
And while we're rocking the amphibian vibe, how's about Kermit covering Radiohead's Creep. God I loves me a good cover tune.
.
And finally, I'd like for you to read this article and tell me that my fear of horses is unfounded.

No comments: