Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Excuse me I have to go to tend to the moose herd

Whether we're Canadian or not I'm sure we're all aware of the common misconceptions and stereotypes about being from Canada, thanks to you Bob & Doug MacKenzie . . . although I have found that most Canadians enjoy the misconceptions and stereotypes, after all what's so bad about being thought of as the big friendly, albeit cold, neighbour to the North of the USA who does the world's peace keeping all while driving snowmobiles or riding on a moose in a plaid 'bush' jacket while wearing a tuque on and with a two-four clutched in mittened hands?

I think it's fair to say that the one to get a Canadian's goat while abroad is to accuse them of being an American. It's happened to in England & Australia; although in Australia I politely said "Actually no I'm Canadian, you calling me an American is like me calling you a Kiwi." They got it, no offense to New Zealand, in fact after watching Grindhouse I'm all fanboy for Zoe Bell, the greatest hottest female Kiwi stunt person I know of it . . . although I don't think I'd let her drive my car, it's just how they feel over there.

Anyway I don't think that Canadians should take any of it too seriously, I mean how can we when Canadian MP for Edmonton-Mill Woods-Beaumont Mike Lake has called for Bigfoot to be protected under Canada's species at risk act. Seriously, I think . . . you can read about it here if you don't believe me. This my friends is our tax dollars at work, but it's funny you got to admit . . . unless he was serious about it, then that's funny for a completely different reason.

I bring this because I rediscovered an article about Canadian misconceptions, both about ourselves and other countries, you can check it out here. It's about as good as anything else linked from the MSN page that comes up after I log out of Hotmail.

But what does it really matter? After the world is a small place, or so we keep hearing. If you're curious as to how the Earth stacks up in size to other celestial bodies you can go to this website here where they do just that. I thought it was cool, but I'm a geek.

The world might be small, but it's still hard to get around to see all of it; out of the 25 places/things that the Times Online have listed as the 25 Wonders of the World I've only seen one of them, but I am baffled how the barrier reef at Belize made the list and Australia's Great Barrier Reef didn't, granted I haven't been to Belize, but I can't imagine it being better than what I saw in Oz.

This one keeps going on and on don't it? Anyway only a couple more things to post for today; Saturday night I saw Spiderman 3 at the Sunset Drive In outside of lovely Shelbyville, Ontario. I've heard mixed reviews of the film and a lot people didn't care for it, but I have to honestly say that I enjoyed it all the way through, and the 'strut' scene was awesome (if you haven't seen the movie you'll know what I'm talking about as soon as it pops up on screen); in fact it made me want to be a better jerk.

And what about the Heroes season finale last night? I have to say that I liked it, but it didn't really feel like an end to me, and I'm a little disappointed with it . . . but not enough to give up on the show, I'm just thinking that there has to be a better way to stop an exploding man than exploding him in the upper atmosphere and was thinking that there'd be more of a showdown or battle at the end, but hey I didn't write it and I am eager to know who is worse than The Boogeyman.

No matter I'll be back in the fall for more Heroes action, and in the mean time maybe I'll bide my time with the gear from Heroes Webstore; and you can already pre-order the Season 1 DVD's.

And today I will leave you with my new favourite condiment, Bick's Hot Pepper Relish, you should try some, it's got some nice flavour to it. That's it, I'm outta here.

No comments: