Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Friday, May 18, 2007

Your Empire Needs You!

Man these are most definitely the best Star Wars t-shirts ever. You know you want to order some. Since we're rocking it Star Wars style, how about this website with free printable paper cut out models of your favourite Star Wars and Star Trek ships . . . but wait there's more, act now and get a bonus DeLorean model.

I've got to post this link for the newest Transformers movie trailer on line; man it looks good, hopefully it's got a bit of a story to back it the visuals. I have to say that the robots are still too complicated looking, the comic book/cartoon incarnations looked better to me, but maybe that's because it's what I'm used to? Either way I am looking forward to this film but I don't know that I'll be able to catch it on its July 4 release date.

Now from geek movies to geek TV; it seems that NBC is disappointed that the super terrific awesome show Heroes lost viewers during its six week layoff this season, so they've come up with a solution to the problem. Do you think it's as simple as running the whole season with out interruption?

No way, this article here says that NBC's answer to this delimna is to run a six week Heroes: Origins mini-series. I'll watch it, but shit don't you think my solution would have been easier and cheaper? I mean start the season late, end it early or a combination of the two . . . or hell if you're going to make a six episode mini-series based on the show, why not make the season six episodes longer?

I dunno, I'm no TV exec that's for sure, but I do have 30 years of TV viewing under my belt and I'd like to think I'm a little media savvy . . . a little, okay I'm no Marshall McLuhan but I haven't strapped on a blue cape and tried to fly off my roof either.

Since we're on a Heroes tangent here's a good interview with none other than Hiro Nakamura himself, Mr. Masi Oka.

From geek TV to another of my passions, cars. I regularly let people know that Miatas are girls' cars, many don't believe because they've seen guys drive them, but here's someone else who believes the same thing and took the time to put together a list of the top five girl cars. I don't totally agree with this list, but I do like its intent.

Personally, I think the Miata should be higher on the list, I think the only way you could get girlier than it is to paint your new VW Beetle pink with daisies . . . and sure, keep the Mustang on there, after all it was long regarded as a 'secretary's car' by car enthusiasts and Ford themselves (don't believe me? Read this or try googling 'Mustang Secretary's Car'), sorry Mustang guys, it's true. Wanna know what makes that worse? That was from a time when all secretaries were ladies, a little harder to feel tough now, eh?

Okay granted I drive a Camaro and of course that's a car that's long associated with mullets and greasy Ginos, not a perfect reputation by any stretch . . . but I can live with it. Hell I even a copy of song called 'Camaro Mullet Love' kicking around here somewhere along with the Dead Milkmen's 'Bitchin' Camaro'.

I know I just plugged it yesterday, but here's another article on the Bob & Doug McKenzie Two-Four Anniversary Special. Don't be a hoser and make sure you watch it, eh?

And I will sign off today with this totally awesome photo. I don't know the back story or anything, but if you care to make one up I'd love to read it . . . especially if it involves a sweet IROC or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that photo is SO WRONG! Mullet party!!! ewww

Anyhow, I agree with the Miata thing. To be honest, I've always HATED those cars. I used to call them soap dishes because that's all they are. An overblown soap dish with some dude or chick trying to make up for what they don't got in there. blah blah BLAAAHH HAHA

I agree with all this stupid crap about shows starting and stopping mid-season. When the hell did that start happening anyhow? I think it's SO LAME. Lost did the same thing and I was so out of sinc with it when it restarted that it took me forever to get back into it. Now, they cut it down to only 16 eppies and 3 more seasons. (le sigh) What shall I ever do?

I too will watch all things Heroes, but shall bitch and complain about it along the way because I want to. So nnyyahhh!!

Have a greeeeet long weekend Chuck!!