Where People Thought

What I'm Watching

Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm Batman

I'm sure you've heard by now, but there's a new Batman movie, The Dark Knight, slated for a July 18, 2008 (hmmm might have to travel to the city for that one) release with Christian Bale returning to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman who will in this film face off against his greatest enemy, The Joker, being played by Heath Ledger.

The fine folks over at Ain't It Cool News have put up a short write up with a photo (supposedly the first on line and defo the first that I've seen) of Ledger's Joker. The write up and pic are here and the pic itself is here. I think he looks pretty awesome (in fact it's now my new Windows Wallpaper), good and scary and I think that bodes well for another dark Batman flick, which it should be when entitled the Dark Knight, don't you think?

In some non-Batman related news, did you know that May is National Masturbation Month? Neither did I until I read this article here; bet you had no idea you were being part of a national movement when you were fapping away, did you? Apparently May 7 was National Masturbation Day, I guess it missed that one . . . well I can honestly say that I didn't know was celebrating a holiday. Also as part of NMM the Centre for Sex & Culture in San Francisco (where else?) is hosting a masturbate-a-thon to raise money for its sex education programs.

And just in case you need some inspirational material to help you with the remainder of NMM here are some nice black and white photos of Rebecca Romijn shot for a La Perla advertisement.

In case NMM isn't your style but you're more into candy & star wars, and I know some of you are, here's your chance to combine the two rather nicely with this nice instructional tutorial on how to make your own Carbonite Han Solo in chocolate.

With summer on its way and the May 2-4 pretty much done gas prices are climbing everywhere, in fact regular is as high as $1.28 per litre here in town (in fact according to Ontario Gas Prices Sioux Lookout has the 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th most expensive gas in the province, although I know this not to be true because gas is a lot more expensive (in some cases 50 cents a litre more) in some of the remote fly in reserves north of Sioux Lookout), or at least it was yesterday, anyway everyone is pissing and moaning about the price gasoline now, and there's no better way to garner political support than to say that you will do something about or that something should be done about it.

Here's an article that comes by way of CTV about the high price of gasoline and a study that was carried out that says that Canadians are being gouged by as much 27 cents per litre at the pump and that something needs to be done about it.

Personally I believe that the price of gasoline is as high as it is because we keep paying for it; if we could reduce usage, buy less then the price should fall, but I don't see anyone driving any less, I know I haven't changed my driving habits and I have two vehicles each equipped with a nice small block Chevy V-8, because well there's no replacement for displacement. I don't think that not buying gasoline on one particular day or from one particular chain of gas bars will make any difference, sorry folks. If I don't fill up today, I'll do it tomorrow and if I don't buy gas from Petro, I'll buy it from Esso.

One thing I will bitch about is the cost of heating fuel, it's too high and my house is too big and not energy efficient enough so I use a fair bit of the stuff in the winter. Ah well what can you do eh?

Anyway enough pissing and moaning about the price of gas, what next the weather (which by the way is shite over here)? Here's something a whole lot cooler; it's no secret that I like to read and books often trade hands between my friends who read, but here's that taken to a whole new level, Book Crossing. I first heard about this from a friend's blog a while ago, and although I haven't played yet, I loves the idea.

Basically with this site you register a book on the website that you've read, then record the registration number in the book with other information about what is going and what the site/program are about, then 'release' the book somewhere, put the where and when on the website and the idea is someone finds the book, logs it back in, reads and then releases it into the wild again. I think it's a pretty cool idea, if for no other reason than you get to see where the books you release end up.

As of typing this there are 99 books in the wild in Winnipeg, 13 in Thunder Bay and zero in Sioux Lookout.

And don't forget to watch the season finale of Heroes tonight, gotta see how they wrap it all up and explain everything.

I'll sign off today with a cool YouTube video; someone has taken the time to edit together a video entitled 100 Movies, 100 Quotes, 100 Numbers, where basically they put together 100 quotes from movies each with a number in them in count down from 100 - 1. I thought it was cool and well worth the nine plus minutes it took to watch this. I can't imagine the amount of work that went into making this video . . . imagine the time put into watching movies just to get the count down list, let alone splicing all the clips together.

And I'm told I have too much time on my hands. Until next time.

Oh wait, one last thing, I'm using my new slow cooker for the first time today and am looking for good slow cooker recipes, send me your favourites if you have any. Especially if you have one for a good slow cooker curry.

No comments: